Ford Forums banner

engine bay painting

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  auslandau 
#1 ·
Anybody here had their engine bay professionally painted as well as their engine block? I was just wondering what is involved (eg. engine comming out) and what people have paid for it to be done from start to finish. The engine has never been out of the car and it is time for a tidy up.

#2 ·
I have just had my xa coupe painted including the engine bay .
I pulled everything out engine, brakes, wiring, g/box nothing but a bay left .The job wasn't as bad as I thought it would be .Looks great when done. Just got to put everything back .Theres another thread on here from brenx where there are photos of his bay and I put pics of mine on there to
cost me $3500 to get car painted inside out so don't know price on bay only
worth the effort

#3 ·
Had my engine pulled out and total car repainted. Someone I knew pulled it out and only took em few hours to have it empty and charged $150.00 for removal which I was happy with. Would have taken me lot longer and time was getting away Only problem is the bucket of 'goodies' I have left in boxes to sort out and put back! I know I will be left with some bits at the bottom of the bucket....Engine block is very easy to paint but give it a good clean up and get rid of all the 'sharp bits' to get a nice finish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.