Ford Forums banner

Shift Kits....

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know some info on shifts kits for an EB 4spd. How much beter do they make your car perform...are they bad for ya auto...where to get on from ect.
Cheers

#2 ·
Do a search on them... theres plenty of previous threads on them. i forget who sells them is it Mongrel EB??? Basically they plug in and change the pressure to the S5 Solenoid in the tranny and makes it shift harder... enough to chirp them easily... not sure on auto damage but i hear theyre pretty safe, auto trans cooler also helps a long way as heat is the main killer of autos.

#5 ·
Mine was $111 delivered, It is the 2 switch type.
One switch turns it on and off and the other switch switches between firm and hard shifts.

There is others that are like $50 I think check out mechanical forums, 9 psi EB's homepage, there is a thread on all the types and how much they cost.

Cheers
Dan

#6 ·
these kits are electronic (inexpensive) and cost me about 15 bucks to do myself. We had a few issues installing with the EF, but i worked out you need more resistance than other fords in the EF ECU.

I've have a switchable version in for over a year and have had no problems what so ever. 1st to 2nd gear change around a corner will get you sideways over 2 lanes. The shift seems the hardest between 3000-4000revs. Don't expect your quartermile time to drop though because you don't feel a hardshift (on a safe resistance, with the electronic kit) when your changing gears on the limit.

ChuBBz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.