Ford Forums banner

What I've done to my EB.....

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Nemmy 
#1 ·
Hey all

my first post here, i've been a lurker both here and at eafalcon.com since i bought my car over 2yrs ago, and since getting it (stock white GLi Auto Poverty pack) have done a fair bit of work to it :) this is a bit of a log thread, and to show the inspiration i have gotten from this forum for doing all these mods :)

First up, i changed over to clear indicators and side indicators, grabbed some of these ultra-blue narva globes for my headlights, and got the car proffesionally detailed.

I then had a car which was a little different,... but my thirst for mods grew :valintine:

Next was an exhaust system, Lukey Extractors, with std CAT, 2.5 inch piping and a singe hi-flow lukey muffler, i now had a nice little boost to performance, and a sweet sounding machine :)

but i still wanted more!

Next, comes the big kahuna, i bit the bullet, and bought a whole other car! :wnc:
This little baby was very tired looking outside, but had a heart of gold. This car was an EBII, so has smartlock, it had cruise control, and a lovely cute lil 5 spd that was begging to be yanked from its home :D

after getting both cars home, i sunk my teeth into what turned out to be a bit of a job. The gearbox changeover was fairly easy, this included fitting a BA-Spec Heavy Duty Clutch, which is so much better to drive than these lil light pussy things :D but the wiring wasnt as simple. We ended up swapping the whole dashes over between cars, for 'easiness', Then fitted the cruise wheel and cruise module to my car.

The computer needed to be changed as well, and with that came smartlock. After running a few signal wires for the door locks, we had remote entry up and working, and it was all ready to screw back together.

Last but not least, i still wanted more :) and it got the better of me

A good mate of mine that works at one of the local wreckers, found me an EBII Smartlock S-Pack dash, and after fitting that, my baby is just the way i like it :D

With good news comes sad news, and the car is blowing some greyish smoke, so while i am selling my other auto car now, i will be doing the rings on my car, then i should be right for a little while.... that is, until i get the itches for some more performance :D

Hope my first post wasnt too boring and long-winded! cheers again guys for all the first hand accounts, it made the unexpected when doing these mods much easier!

Enjoy!

PS - I will upload some pics of my baby soon.... ;)
PPS - The 'we' refers to myself and step-father, who was a mechanic for ~20yrs before taking a desk job the lazy bastard :p

See less See more
#3 ·
welcome aboard mate, glad to see you've got some inspiration from us nuts to mod the hell out of your car.
just a question, whats teh condition of teh motor on teh car your selling, why not toss that motor in the car youre keeping.

glad to see youre "at home" here, we all help each other out where we can.

#4 ·
Cheers for the welcome :)

the main reason for not swapping Engines with the other cars, is because it has 380,000 clicks on it. The Gearbox only had 100,000, so it was low Kms, but i dont feel confident using that engine, when my engine has only 153,000 on it

the rings are a big job, full weekend, but something i would rather do and keep my engine

#6 ·
Welcome to the forums Champ! You have joined one of the gretest motor car communities on the internet, here, we're all mates who help each other out when needed, rather than anonymous poeple hiding behind aliases, and we all have gained priceless experience from each others knowledge.

Sounds like you've been busy with your car! Congrats, I wish I was that keen, but I just wont get off my arse to do these things! Haha anyways if ya need anything, were all here to help, again, Welcome! I'm sure you'll find the forums useful in some way or another during your stay!

Cheers,
-XR6child

#10 ·
Cheers guys :)

next is i need new rear shockes as the current ones are shagged, so i think ill use that as an excuse to get lowered shocks/springs all round
then i better get some mags :D

then later, if i am still keen, ill whack a lumpier cam in :)

#12 ·
Welcome to the e-series forums, have you got any pics of your ride. Sounds like you have turned the old GLi into a bit of beast. Should do a pretty good time down the quarter?

Cheers Luke.

#14 ·
Welcome man, sounds like you have the modification bug running strong through your veins!
One thing though, if your engine has as little as 153k on the clock it would be very un-falcon like to need new rings already. While its entirely possible, I would be looking at checking out whether it is simply running rich or replacing the valve stem seals etc

Either way, a rebuild will mean you are ready to go for some boost :p

#15 ·
Welcome!
good to see u've been modding away before even getting here ;)

sounds like you've done more work then me, good stuff!

#16 ·
SiX_iN_a_RoW said:
Welcome man, sounds like you have the modification bug running strong through your veins!
One thing though, if your engine has as little as 153k on the clock it would be very un-falcon like to need new rings already. While its entirely possible, I would be looking at checking out whether it is simply running rich or replacing the valve stem seals etc

Either way, a rebuild will mean you are ready to go for some boost :p
well, this is the thing

it shouldnt be rings, and it is running really rich
i have it booked in to get a diagnostics reading done on it, because i think there is something else amiss there

will advise how i go, sorry no pics yet been hella busy with work queued up for 16 days straight, next day off ill get some pics :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.