Ford Forums banner

Broke my Fairlane today.

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  GTP 320 
#1 ·
Coming off the back off an absolutely shitefull two weeks, I was on my way down Sydney Road in Brunswick this morning to go to a real estate agent to look for a new place to live. This is after I've been forced to resign from my job in very dodgy circumstances, for which I am taking up with the Unions, Worksafe and Jobwatch.

Anyways, bloke in front of me stops, I try to stop but must have been on the greasy tram tracks as I rammed up the back of him (AUII Fairmont) and push him into a Taxi.

The bloke was really fantastic about the whole thing, as was the taxi driver but the end result is that my Fairlane is broken good and proper. I'll find out on Thursday what the insurance company's assessment of the damage is, but from what I could see it's going to be a minimum of:
Bonnet
Headlight X2
Indicator X2
Front Bar
Radiator
Grill

Hopefully there's nothing too major under the skin!:AAHHH:

See less See more
#4 ·
Ah no :(
and that front bar wasnt that old!!
shame to hear mate.

#10 ·
Sorry to hear it mate. As long as it's not structural you could at least get a cheap EF Falcon front temporarily while you get back to your feet. Keep us posted. :eek:(

#11 ·
yesssssssss
make a LWB Falcon :D

#14 ·
as i keep saying, i want a DL in heritage green, and i'll put my front on it ;)

#16 ·
I just heard from the assessor this morning and it's not looking too grim. They didn't find any structural damage so that will hopefully mean that they WON'T find any structural damage. But the word is I should have it back in 10 working days from Monday.

Wayne, from what they told me it sounds like they're going to get my headlights re-coed. I can see how it'll work for the RH but the LH has some Towpack shaped holes and gouges in it.

Anyway, if I don't like the repair job, they will send it somewhere else and I won't have to pay the excess so I'll see how they go. I shall post progress reports when they come to hand.

#18 ·
She's in the shop at the moment. Sheen Panels in South Melbourne apparently. I may have to go down there and have a look!

Thanks for the offer of those headlights though! I'll keep them in mind for the next time that I take on some wildlife.:angel:

#20 ·
Sorry to hear about that.. Damn tram lines... we were in my friends car, and the guy infront of us just screeched / slid along the lines, straight up the arse of a FTO.. the FTO driver was not impressed (his bumper kinda inverted itself... crappy plastic)

Anyway, sounds like it's all sorted.. make sure you go over the repairs very carefully.. It's only now that my repairs are showing all their flaws.. paint is peeling a little and after new trailing arms, the LHR door sounds like it's going to fall off when I accelerate / brake

#21 ·
I was a bit pissed off when I replaced my front bar after one of my many run ins with wildlife as the Grey looked to be the wrong shade. I argued with the panel beater about it but he wasn't interested in doing anything. When I go to pick the car up, it'll be fine tooth comb material. If there is ANYTHING looking out of place I will take it up with them.

All I can say is:
1) The Corolla is killing me (I'm sitting in the back seat, the radio keeps going out of tune, it's got wind up windows, NO CRUISE, NO CLIMATE CONTROL, and 4 cylinders pushing out probably a quarter of the power of my beast through a 3 speed auto...)

2) I MISS MY FAIRLANE

3) RSWB :ghey:

#23 ·
man thats sad to hear :(
hope you get it all good soon

#24 ·
Sorry to hear that,hope you will have better luck in the future and that you will find a job real quick.
Cheers John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.