Ford Forums banner

stange things that happened after my service

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  derb 
#1 ·
i had my tranny serviced and fuel system cleaned, but a few little things have happened.

first of all my high beams no longer work. and second, no matter what setting i have the air con direction flow on, it comes out of the front windscreen vents.

any ideas why these things dont work now or how to fix them? they arent essential systems but id like to have them functional.

#2 ·
high beam sounds like a faulty relay
and the a/c plumbing has dislodged from the Vacuum tree
reach down along the firewall on the inlet side and you will see and hear a suucking coming from the vacuum tree, there is a GREEN pipe(about the thickness of whipper snipper chord) that lives in the dome rubber cup on the vacuum tree, push it back in and your A/c will work again :)

#4 ·
The green vacuum hose belongs to the heater tap Racecraft, Derb is looking for a short black one to plug back in to the vacuum tree. Same place and everything. Three hoses exit the cabin through the firewall from behind the washer bottle, two black and one green.

Sundeep

#6 ·
the green hose on mine goes to the heater tap too, they might have run out of grren hose by the time they got to ur car....

#7 ·
Rollin said:
i could be wrong of course....
Yeah you're wrong ;)

Nah, from what I've seen in all of my cars, heater tap hose is always green.

Sundeep

#9 ·
Oh ok....sorry Rollin! LOL. I was only j/k anyway :eek:)

Sundeep

#10 ·
bugger it, when i get home tonite im going to look.

i think im going to be eating my words though :S

sundeep didnt you ask me about fitting thermos a while ago? was it for a mates car? how did that go?

#11 ·
sorry i havent replyed. ill have a look tonight. hope fully it should be an easy fix. ill fiddle with the high beams as well and see what happens. ill clear up the hose colour debate too. :D

#12 ·
ok there 2 tubes coming out from behind the washer bottle. one green and one black. the green one is attached, but the black one isnt attached to anything. now you have said to plumb it back onto the vacuum tree, but where the hell is that? i cant see anywhere or anything to attach it to.

#13 ·
Yeah Rollin that was me, only a week or so ago :p I've been too busy lately to get the parts to get the home-made temp switch going. I'll do it some time in the next couple of weeks :eek:)

I knew it was black ;) The vacuum tree is on the back of the plenum chamber, there's 1 hose that goes to your brake vacuum booster and the other to your fuel pressure reg, the one left is for your heater controls.

Sundeep

#14 ·
Sundeep said:
Yeah Rollin that was me, only a week or so ago :p I've been too busy lately to get the parts to get the home-made temp switch going. I'll do it some time in the next couple of weeks :eek:)

I knew it was black ;) The vacuum tree is on the back of the plenum chamber, there's 1 hose that goes to your brake vacuum booster and the other to your fuel pressure reg, the one left is for your heater controls.

Sundeep
ok, the green tube is hooked to that. am i supposed to get the black hose on there somewhere?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.