• No way! They belong on Camrys

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • What's a mudflap?

Votes: 3 13.6%

Mudflaps?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  OED666 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

What's your opinion on mudflaps on cars? One of my cars has them which seems to cut down on the paint damage behind the wheels, but they do look a bit fruity.

#5 ·
"poppy and nanna had them on their xk..........stone chips baahh. image is everything.LOL"

hehe sounds about right. They do protect the paint but they tend to bring down the look of the car. Those bolt on sunvisors i always see on XC falcons is in the same genre..

I guess it all depends on what sort of mudflaps though and what they look like.

#6 ·
.....And they really mess up the aerodynamics - imagine all those trees and asthmatic children you're killing by having them :p

My XA has them, but to be honest the only 2 reasons they stay are for stone chips, and for the fact I'm a bit embarrassed by my little 215's on the back...

#8 ·
I have them mainly because of the stone chip factor, but also because the holes in my wheel arch moulds from 3 different sets look pretty ugly without the mudflaps covering them. They will look poxy when I get my Simmons though. Same for the rear louvre but without it my back seat would be mush, its always been there. But I could never, have a front sunvisor, ever!

#10 ·
ive got a good alternative. having just spent a considerable sum on my coupes new paint, i dont want mudflaps but i also dont want stonechips (the ten inch rims and 275 tyres throw up a few stones)

my spraypainter recommended i take the coupe to a signwriter, who applied a thick transparent contact to the lower rear guards. does the same job as mudflaps, you cant see it, and wont hurt the paint - problem solved (note - you could probably do it yourself)

#11 ·
superbird302 said:
ive got a good alternative. having just spent a considerable sum on my coupes new paint, i dont want mudflaps but i also dont want stonechips (the ten inch rims and 275 tyres throw up a few stones)

my spraypainter recommended i take the coupe to a signwriter, who applied a thick transparent contact to the lower rear guards. does the same job as mudflaps, you cant see it, and wont hurt the paint - problem solved (note - you could probably do it yourself)
Yeah, something like Propellor Tape - the stuff they use on the leading edge of propellors to stop them getting dinged up - tough as nails...

#12 ·
I took my mudflaps off my wagon after i accidently lost one of the rears. But i was in the same boat as Disco Stu, with my tires looking like rubber bands. So i got some 8 inch rims, makes it look a lot better.

And im looking for a sun visor! for an xy though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.