Ford Forums banner

Plea for Help! :D

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  EA-XR6 
#1 ·
Gday Everyone

Hehe I come before you asking someone... anyone for a bit of help. I have just recently aquired all the parts needed for a MPFI coversion and to put it bluntly i'm a bit of a computer geek. I know bits and pieces about the good ol falcon but not enough to do the conversion myself.
Would anyone in SA be able to help? Im in the northern suburbs near the outer harbour and i've recently moved here from NSW so I don't really know anyone here that can do it.
There could be alcohol rewards for anyone that wants to help.. very generous rewards :D :D
Also does anyone know a decent mechanic in SA that would be able to do it as well.. no one will touch it because "it's too hard" but after reading some of the posts on here its just a bit time consuming.

Would be awsome if anyone could help or point me in the right direction

Cheers
Brendan

#3 ·
Well yeah the MPFI conversion is the last thing I have to do.
The engine is being severly restricted at the moment and I cant wait for it all to be done.
There is massive power gains to be had..
I would be hoping for at least 170rwkw

#5 ·
Yep head has been ported.. 25 thou

And the cam was installed at Waggott performance cams in Alstonville NSW

InOP BTDC 32Deg CAM LIFT
InCL ABDC 70 Deg Cam In 275.000 Thou
ExOp BBDC 70 Deg CAM Ex 275.000 Thou
ExCl ATDC 32 Deg @TDC In 64.00 Thou
@TDC Ex 64.00 Thou
Timings at .050

InOP BTDC 6 Deg
InCL ABDC 44 Deg
ExOp BBDC 44 Deg
ExCl ATDC 6 Deg

#7 ·
That I'm not really sure of
The person I bought the car from had a list of parts to do the conversion.. which had the BBM etc setup and the only thing he said that would need changing is the chiptorque switch from short to long runners..

I didn't actually get the cam myself the previous owner did..
But with the information I gave is it possible to tell its only for CFI car?
I just assumed a cam was a cam.

#10 ·
It says you have a panel filter? How do you have a panel filter on a cfi set up? ANyway if you are prepared to drive to newcastle ill do it lol. All the mechanics around here told me its too hard and wont do it, but me and one friend knocked it over in 7 hours, very easy conversion and would recomend it 100%. Just follow mongreleb's tutorial on www.ford-tech.com easy to follow and tell everything to do. I had absolutely no mechanical experiance, like ice never even chagned the oil, yet i found the conversion piss to do. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.