Ford Forums banner

What's the better buy?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  davway 
#1 ·
AU 2/3 Futura 40klm for $20k or BA XT 40klm $20k and why?

#4 ·
AU 2/3 Futura 40klm for $20k or BA XT 40klm $20k and why?

While I love my AU, owning the BA wouldn't give you the "oh, its an AU look" you get from the majority of people. The aftermarket also seems to favour the BA over the AU with bits.

I have a feeling that chevypower is right when he's mentioning prices. You prob could score a higher spec AU for that money.

Check the trading post or www.drive.com.au and the "value your car" section.

#9 ·
id have to agree with everyone here take the ba mate same price, same kms you would be silly not to, the ba has a pack load of features over the au.

#10 ·
the BA is a good buy I know, i want all the features of the Futura so may have to wait for a BA Futura to hit the market at the right price.

i want a family run around but something stylish for my business as it will initially be for both

after driving an AU Fairmont i can't go back to front power windows only and no cruise. maybe i've got to find an XT with these options.

thanks for your feedback guys.

#11 ·
while it would be good to have a BA if it was me that had to choose i think i would also consider a V8 AU ghia or even a fairlane Ghia if it was in the price range.
but the BA would probably be the go as its newer and still has alot of warranty left as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.