Ford Forums banner

Finaly my car will be done in a week!!! Ill have a yellow PGT again in a week :-)))

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ProbeBandit 
G
#1 ·
Car is in the body shop, I just dropped it off yesterday. Finally, in about a week the exterior will be finished, Ill redo the interior one weekend, and than after the winter Im going under the hood.
But for now I got the biggest Cool-Aid smile on my face. I dropped it off yesterday after school around 12, I went back about 3 hours later, my car was in pieces. He took the bumpers off, the hood, taillights, sideskirts, filled in all the holes, the guy is not playing any games. He worked on my car til 9:30 last night. I went to check on him today, he is already stripping the old paint. I saw an old Corvette that he did, the car came out flawless. My friend told me hes real good, and so far I have to agree. Anyways, this is what hes doing:
Shave everything (except for the door handles), fix every little dents and holes and what not, install FX combat kit, Zendar Miniracing roofmount antenna, sidemarkers, clear bumber lights, V-Racing R8R spoiler, and paint the entire car inside out VW yellow.
I was gonna go with the Lexus IS yellow, but he took me to the shop where they mix the paint, and he gave me all these books and told me to think about it before I make up my mind. I was considering the Lexus IS solar yellow, the Corvette millennium yellow, and the 2001 VW yellow and the latest seemed the best.
Man I cant wait til next Monday

See less See more
G
#5 ·
3 more days guys! Im there every day, they work 12-14 hours a day. Tuesday he put everything on, the body kit, the spoiler, sidemarkers, antenna, hood, everything, I was like wow. ITs gonna be tight!
Yesterday he stripped the interior and everything and started shooting the inside (doorjams, under the hood and the hatch) and hes painting the outside today. By the time I stop by tonight after work he should be finishing the outside.
Now I just need a digital camera, and about 2 days to detail the car. I cant wait!

G
#6 ·
This guy is starting to piss me off. The paintjob and everything looks good, but I need to see when its done, I saw a few little gaps that he'll need to take care of. Looks like Ill pick it up tonight and Ill have to bring it back next week sometime to make it perfect.
:angry:

#7 ·
That is a major problem with all body shops...here's what they say and what they mean...

Next week: whenever I get done grinding the rust out of the quarters on my 1963 Plymouth Belvedere.

3 Days: 3 Days after I get done with my next drinking binge.

Tomorrow: If I'm not too hungover from celebrating for the holiday (aka Wednesday).

G
#11 ·
Anthony said:
Tommy you have to e-mail me pics of your car i have not seen you on PT in a long time
Sup guys, yeah Ihave not been around for a long time. Anyways Im back now and yes they did finish my car and its awesome. I just have to take some new pics and find someone with a scanner...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.