Ford Forums banner

ECU Compatibility

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smee 
#1 ·
Zapped my computer on my 1991 LTD and searched the junkyard for matching numbers (E8SF-VA) but could not find the right wreck. Another junkyard had one when I called and when I picked it up, they told me that E8SF-AEA is a dealer replacement for my original.

I wouldn't even be asking except the engine still isn't running right with the replacement. It's possbile I zapped even more (will run diagnostic on new ECU to determine) but thought someone may know about ECU compatibility. Will E8SF-AEA work in place of E8SF-VA?

Any guidance is appreciated,
Chris

#3 ·
That is a great site ... thanks. I wish I would have reviewed something like that before jumping in. The whole part # on my original is E8SF-126A650-VA. I ran the diagnostic today and am getting codes 22 (MAP) & 34 (EGR). In my post '1991 LTD' I spilled just how I created this headache. I may have done more damage than I thought.

Before I can be sure though I need to verify that the ECU I installed is a good match. The diagnostic is running so I am taking that as a good sign. Might just call Ford on Monday.

Thanks for the reply. Please pass along anything else you think might be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.