Ford Forums banner

Ba Owner Lives The Tickford Dream

5K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  jimt3te50 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Well all i can say they do come in all sorts.
Cheers Alex.

#5 ·
BA owner with Tickford Wings said:
Bugger the FPV badge, bring back the wings!
Each to their own I say, but in 3FB circles, that's just not a done thing. :noNO:

#6 ·
Rodderz said:
On the weekend I saw a TE50 with a big GT-P badge on the boot and the doors...

(no i didnt, i'm BS'ing..lol)
Rodderz i heard you have put a Tickford badge on your BA
Cheers Alex.

#7 ·
I got a Commodore SS badge on my wheely bin. So does this reflect more highly on the commodore or the bin? I was initially concerned that the average Holden fan would actually see this as a desperate attempt at showing my undying support. :fraz:

Regarding this topic, I think the Tickford badge was a nice looking piece of kit to have on the side of your Falcon. I think many BA XR owners miss this item, but I wouldn’t read into it being anything more than that.

FireFox, you have a great car, we all love the T3’s. There is no need to justify your ‘Tickford’ purchasing decision to anyone including BA owners. I don’t actually think that this was the point of your intentions and you’re just poking some fun. But I would like to make you aware that this is the way your anti 'FPV' and pro 'Tickford 'comments are coming across.

#13 ·
firefox7 said:
Was at a car show today & spotted this BA XR6...Look closley at the front guard...... Look guys, Tickford is gone, but it seems some, just cannot let it go. It's obvious that fpv are struggling to live up too what Tickford delivered...a relatively high performace quality product.:hehe:

QUOTE]

At that same show there was a TE50 with FPV badges!! So it seems some are happy Tickford is gone......You just cant help yourself.

Here comes his partner..............

#16 ·
These same sort of conversations came from the Holden camp when they split with Brock and HDT was replaced by HSV...

But let's face it, 15 years down the track, who amongst us remembers HDT as anything other than a footnote in history...

FPV will be no different with some years behind it.

#17 ·
Hey Guys

Gotta say that if he loved the tickford cars so much, why not just buy one second hand and he can have the badges on a real tickford car?

Sorry to hijack the thread but what do you guys think of a ef series 2 ghia with the wings on it?, (it is running tickford gear after all)

Warra

#18 ·
firefox7 said:
Was at a car show today & spotted this BA XR6...Look closley at the front guard...... Look guys, Tickford is gone, but it seems some, just cannot let it go. It's obvious that fpv are struggling to live up too what Tickford delivered...a relatively high performace quality product.:hehe:

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/firefox7/ba1.jpg
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/firefox7/ba11.jpg

Cheers.
A poor sick twisted individual in need of immediate therapy :AAHHH: :bsr:

#20 ·
XLR8 said:
firefox7 said:

QUOTE]

At that same show there was a TE50 with FPV badges!! So it seems some are happy Tickford is gone......You just cant help yourself.

I didnt want to take the bait

#21 ·
You know butler, for a little while I used to take this whole thing a bit too seriously, but it's a real game now. Come of the comments from both sides of the T3 v GT thing have really made me laugh. It's good to see people admit it's just a game and treat it as such. Long live the Blue Oval and here's to the upcoming T5 GT-TS54.

#25 ·
FPVGT said:
Rodderz i heard you have put a Tickford badge on your BA
Cheers Alex.
I did, but it made the rear end look somewhat ugly & people were pointing at me so i took it off lol :angel:

No I'm a fan of the T-Series cars, I had the opportunity to drive a few every now and then and they remain one of the best cars I've driven, especially the T3 it has raw grunt good handling. The BAGT is more refined in the way it drives and would be just as quick with a few km's on board and does look better but to be honest I wouldnt care which one was in my garage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.