Ford Forums banner

My Bathurst Day trip... (New Pits Pics)

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  madwob 
#1 ·
Today on my day off, i decided to drive from Sydney to Bathurst for the day, turn a few hot laps, then return to Sydney. I also wanted to have a look at the new pit complex. Wow! It looks good!! I didnt see any cops around the track, so it was good to be able to give it "a bit" here and there, nothing silly. Here a few of my photos from today.

See less See more
#3 ·
might be a stupid question, but ive never been, so im curious.

with the track...is it enclosed year round in the track format, but you can get on it?

like with albert park, they turn the road into the track for the GP, so technically you can drive on the same parts as the F1 cars, but not in an actual track format....

how does it work with bathurst?

great pics to Aeron :hy:

#5 ·
madwob said:
might be a stupid question, but ive never been, so im curious.

with the track...is it enclosed year round in the track format, but you can get on it?

like with albert park, they turn the road into the track for the GP, so technically you can drive on the same parts as the F1 cars, but not in an actual track format....

how does it work with bathurst?

great pics to Aeron :hy:
The track is a public 2 way road all year round, it's closed in full for the race week, with only residents and accredited vehicles getting access. There are no road lines on the track as it was recently resurfaced. Residents only get limited access over race weekend and a small number of passes. The track is also used for the Bathurst light car club and special events such as the Monaro nationals, but generally only for half track events.

#6 ·
what i wanted to know was, is it a closed circuit? coz i know falkeen and bluedriver etc went there for a day and were cutting laps....so it must be the complete track....but with turnoffs to get onto other roads etc?

#9 ·
Hey Fella's I live about 500Meteres from Mt Panorama. I have been going and doing a lap every morning to check on their progress, damn it looks good hey. The circut is an open road all year round. I actually went for another lap at Lunch time. Sometimes I go and sit up the top on the wall eating hot chips. Yeah they have been working pretty hard. They had the sprinkles going earlier and there are painters everywhere painting the walls. I'm pretty lucky living so close, but I can tell you, the track is pretty dead most of the time. My brothers ex lives on the Cutting in a mad house. Anywayz I will prob cya's at the track.

#11 ·
That’s a classy pit complex.

…at first glimpse I thought it was a Formula 1 pit lane or something. Didn’t expect the Bathurst pits to look so similar to famous international circuits around the world. I think its time F1 cars come to Mt. Panorama

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.