Ford Forums banner

351C budget rebuild...

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pracy 
#1 ·
rebuilding a 351C for the first time.... going into 75 hardtop.

I was reading about flatheads being great for supercharged engines...
Is it something I can consider when on a budget or should I just look at the good old 4V heads.

Also can you run dual fuel while using a supercharger, is it worth it?, is it just an extra hassle to run LPG as well.

any help is appreciated.....

#3 ·
I am pretty sure with a s/c you can only run one fuel not dual. Due to the s/c piping having to go on top of the carb. You'd more than likely have to run straight gas.

PM Workhorse for a decent budget 351C build. His goes well and it strong as nails. The only difference would be the cam selection as 4Vs require different cam characteristics to 2V's.

I personally wouldn't consider a s/c'd engine within the realm of budget builds. I've been quoted $10,000 to s/c mine. Bugger that!

Brenden

#4 ·
It would probably be a little time until I was to actually fit a supercharger but during the rebuild I want to keep this in mind for future, hence questioning the LPG situation for internal part changes now....

It's either big carby job or
LPG (with grunt, centrefrugal SC maybe, not preferably)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.