Ford Forums banner

AUII XR8 Computer modes

12K views 75 replies 18 participants last post by  exodius 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to activate more information from the dash display, such as digital speed, tacho, coolant temp, fuel usage etc?
Thanks,
Cameron

#2 ·
My friend did this once in his EF GLi. I think what you have to do is push the reset button for the trip meter(the one on the instrument cluster) hold it for a short period and then turn the ignition on. Can't remeber exactly and I don't know if the AU's where the same as EF. Give it a go and let the rest of us know.

Cheers
Matt

#3 ·
xf_xr6 said:
My friend did this once in his EF GLi.
You mean this works on a humble GLi? I thought the digital display was just an odometer. If anyone knows whether it can be done then please do tell!

Andrew

#5 ·
xf_xr6 said:
My friend did this once in his EF GLi. I think what you have to do is push the reset button for the trip meter(the one on the instrument cluster) hold it for a short period and then turn the ignition on. Can't remeber exactly and I don't know if the AU's where the same as EF. Give it a go and let the rest of us know.

Cheers
Matt
I'm guessing all these goodies of digital speedo and tacho are only on cars that have the trip computer.

#6 ·
works on all models ef->onwards :s2:

ill post it here next week if i can find it....

I know on the climate control units you can push a series of buttons and display engine temp, evap temp, sunload, cabin temp, ambient temp, blend door position, fan speed %.
ill post this here too when i find it.:s6:

#7 ·
botch said:

I know on the climate control units you can push a series of buttons and display engine temp, evap temp, sunload, cabin temp, ambient temp, blend door position, fan speed %.
Any info on how to get it working in an XH would be appreciated too mate :s4

Thanks.

#8 ·
botch said:

Never heard of it before........hope it works though

#12 ·
botch said:

Botch,

How did you go????

Here's the link for the Climate control one, not sure if it's for all models or just pre EF...
http://www.autoemf.com.au/ford_acc.htm

#13 ·
xf_xr6 said:
Contacted Ford today about the digital odometer. Hopefully get a reply next.....................................

Cheers
Matt
Got my reply back rom ford today... Not very helpfull at all
Goes a little like this

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Ford EF Falcon.

At this stage we do not have any official information regarding the odometer
or climate control, and no information is available at this point in time.

Please check the relevant media channels for any future launch details.
Alternatively, please visit our website at www.ford.com.au for future
updates.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Kylie Dick
Ford Customer Communication Centre
1800 643 673

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 15 November 2001 13:30
To: louie@fordconnect.com.au
Subject: Technical Enquiries

Phone: **********
Address: *********************

I heard a rumour going around that you can get extra
information of the odometer on EF -> falcons, such as digital speed and
other stuff. Can you please verify this and explain how to activate it?

Also I heard that you can get extra information of the
climate control such as engine temp, cabin temp etc etc. Is this true and
if so how do i get it to work.

Cheers
Matt

Browser : Netscape, 4.00
Operating System : Unknown

#18 ·
Yeah spill the beans Botch.

If it does work i bet that people who don't have the trip computer like AusXH and myself won't be able to see any additional info.

As far as i know the digital display on the intrument cluster shows trip meter, odometer and a funky service spanner.

Botch, can you find any hidden features on my retro fitted futura dash clock. :s3 :s3

#19 ·
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah spill the beans Botch.

If it does work i bet that people who don't have the trip computer like AusXH and myself won't be able to see any additional info.

As far as i know the digital display on the intrument cluster shows trip meter, odometer and a funky service spanner.

Botch, can you find any hidden features on my retro fitted futura dash clock. :s3 :s3
Actually that brings up an interesting question, what triggers the service spanner?

I must admit I have never seen mine come up!

#20 ·
laminge said:

Actually that brings up an interesting question, what triggers the service spanner?

I must admit I have never seen mine come up!
It triggers every 10k, spanner lights up meaning it's due for a service.

#26 ·
jaytyn, your right about the spanner.

To reset on ef /el / au1 - turn key on, hold odometer button in for 12 seconds until it beeps and spanner goes out:s6:

on dunnydoors, hold the set up and set down buttons, turn the key on, display will show RESET, press mode and it will beep and clear. something like that.

OK heres what youve all been waiting for.........

ON POLICE DASHES ONLY.... hold in reset button for 5 seconds after turning key on to calibrate the speedo.

The EF / EL / XH thing to display fuel, trip, temp, voltages etc, I COULDNT FIND THE INFO but I think you turn the key on and tap the button 3 times within 5 seconds. I think only. Couldnt find a car to play with today:dead: but still looking....

Did you know that you can fit a factory trip computer to a standard EF / EL falcon????. Its just a matter of fitting the trip computer and a small loom that taps into the back of the dash!:s6:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.