Ford Forums banner

never lend your housemate your car.

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 ·
well ive had shit luck last 2 weeks with my car the following has been nedid to be replaced in last 14 days:

front wheel bearings
thermofans (needid to be re attatched)
engine mount
2 new tyres
sway bar bushes
alternator belt
snapped pedal box (dash out job)

ok so on monday i fineally got it all done!!!!!

car was all goin sweet really happy with myself coz i did it all myself..

my house mates car blows up on weekend (radiator hose blew off).
so i lend him my car so he could get to work and back for the week.

today as i get to school he calls me and tells me someone reversed into my car.
i find this hard to bilieve but he wont change his story how ever much i ask..

ne ways the long and the short is i need new:
bonnet
passenger quarter
and the front to be re-srpeayed
head light
indicator (clear)
best qoute = $800

i dont know if this falcon can bring much more bad luck.
maybe get some pics up tommorow of damage.
or come to cruize tommorow night and chek it.

the day b4 a cruise too =\

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm feeling for ya mate. Murphy's law sucks arse.

#4 ·
mm its hard to explain whats needid but to keep the damage in context
if you see the car now u will think ' oh is that all'
but as the damage cant be fixed the panels need to be replaced. its not like the car is full on mangelled.

just an expensive little ding.(sorta)

#5 ·
Damn mate thats bad news, aslo the main reason that i never let anyone else drive my car.

#6 ·
That sucks bozza.

Hmm - maybe i'll stop lending my car out..... i'm a supporter of 'break it bought it' tho.

#7 ·
Not more bad news :sad: I just hope he is going to contribute to the repair costs. For all you know he might have hit a pole doing burnouts.

#8 ·
BoZZa17 said:
my house mates car blows up on weekend (radiator hose blew off).
so i lend him my car so he could get to work and back for the week.
I thought he would have a duty of care when borrowing your car. Just because it was 'parked' when someone 'backed in to it', doesn't excuse him from liability. Try and do that with a rental.

good luck in sorting it out - it makes it harder when you all live under the same roof.

#9 ·
I have a very straight passenger quarter right here. PM me if you need it ;)

Sundeep

#10 ·
Damn :eek:
hate letting ppl drive my car.
Good luck with the repairs :eek:

#11 ·
yeah
he is gettin out a loan to buy shafted's ed (if he likes it on sat)

so he is gona get an extra groand on his loan to cover all costs. he is really shaken up by it (coz its my car) and he said to me from the start that he will cover everything. so not too worried... however it gived em an excuse to buy new front spoiler and get some rust cut out at same time =)

#12 ·
BoZZa17 said:
yeah

so he is gona get an extra groand on his loan to cover all costs. he is really shaken up by it (coz its my car) and he said to me from the start that he will cover everything. so not too worried... however it gived em an excuse to buy new front spoiler and get some rust cut out at same time =)
Good on him, sounds like the right course of action. So long as people are willing to take responsibility there's no problems!!!!

#13 ·
BoZZa17 said:
yeah

Sounds like a decent bloke. It'd make matters difficult if things took a different route, I know one of my mates would probably try and get it out of it!

Oh, and my girlfriend wonders why I won't let her drive my car - even with me in it :angel:

#15 ·
sorry to hear dude, but look at the up side, he aint being a bastard about it, and you get some new panels with no chance of rusting (for a while), check out ozeparts.com (dont know if theres a .au on the end) they got bonnets for 200 bucks primed up i think too, and front guards for 80 bux and clear indicators (25bux) and light ($??? not much though), i think its free freight all around aus. im not advertising but really good deals there.

Ehab

#17 ·
man not nice
Shame to hear. Al least i can comfort you in saying that there is ONE other member on this forums who has equal amounts of bad luck in his EF Futura......
I wont name names though.... :rofl:

Sounds like shes all worked out tho, theres nothing like getting it back like new.
cheers
-Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.