Ford Forums banner

Turbo Power

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  tufesp351 
#1 ·
Is it possible to convert my BA XR6 to a Turbo?
Can the Turbo charger just be bolted on or are there other engine mods needed? :driver:

#2 ·
ring nizpro an ask them, they did a fairmont ghia that was featured in performance ford mag awhile back. There's a thread on it in the XR6T forum.
I reckon someone on here mentioned that ya can buy the manifold from ford for about 850-950 bucks if i remember correctly.

#6 ·
GAZXR6,
Just to give you an idea, here are some of the this you may need to do to make an Xr6, an Xr6 turbo. Bigger fuel pump, bigger fuel lines, bigger injectors, aftermarket ECU($2000-$3000), turbo, custom exhaust manifold to suit your turbo, intercooler, piping, forged pistons, new cam shafts to suit your turbo and forced induction, lower the compression, probably bigger oil pump, i think the turbo uses a bigger stronger gearbox(probably diff to), and performance clutch to suit, new exhaust, engineers certificate to say it's safe and legal, thats just off the top off my head, not saying you would need to do all of these things, but not far off it.

Sell it and buy a turbo, I think we should all be grateful that ford offers a turbo model in the BA range. Doesn't happen very often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.