Ford Forums banner

A little help...??

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  busman 
#1 ·
anyone had experience removing the spigot (spelling?) bush i think its called from the end of the crank?

getting a new one isnt an option as its all a custom CRS job

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Cam

#3 ·
spigot bearing? i dont think theres a bush there. i imagine you have to drop the 'box, then getting the bearing out would be a little hard if its been stuck in with a bit of lock-tight, make sure you dont damage it on its way out.

im not completly sure, im just a fool with a slush box.

i dont think the pressure plate gets machined, it gets all f****d up after a few hard launches anyway.
again im not sure. forgive me.

#4 ·
ok here is a mechanics trick

ok u have got the clutch off and u are trying to get the spigot off the end of the crank, easy way, is to filll the inside up with grease nice thick stuff.. get ya self an old imput shaft from a ford gear box doesnt matter if its an old 250 4 speed, as long as the spigot size is the same, drive this into the spigot in ya crank pushing the grease in, remove and keep filling with grease, soon u will not be abel to push the imput shaft in as it will be hydraulice, at this point hit the input shaft with hammer hard, this pushes on the grease which then builds up massive pressure this pressure then pushes spigot bearing out from end of crank, u may need to remove the input shaft and fill bearing/ spigot hole with more grease, as travel increases...

#5 ·
I'll back up the grease trick. It isn't necessary to use an input shaft though; anything will do as long as it's a nice snug fit. I've used the handle on a Sidchrome socket set (black plastic bit removed) several times. The importance for it being a snug fit soon become obvious if you try using something with too much clearance.....wall to wall grease! (Especially on the hand holding the bar.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.