Ford Forums banner

93 Eb JMM DEV1

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BigAl 
#1 ·
Picked up the EB today, been at JMM for a few days, had the DEV 1 system fitted and an oil change , the Dyno showed 92RWK standard and after the DEV 1 118 RWK, have to say I am really impressed , heaps more power and a better drive. Brendon Mock was very helpful and a very passionate person about cars, putting the cost aside I think its a great improvement , I looked at a few other sytems which were around $900 but with no DYno and not much advice about what was the best, felt that for a few hundred $ more plus after reading all the reports about JMM it was wiser to go to someone who actually was willing to talk to me and had proven results.

#5 ·
needturbo6 said:
thats pretty ferkin good, i was thinkin there would have to be a cam in there aswell. have ya done anything else to the car - mags, etc.
I bought the car new in 93 for my Mum and is in mint condition , I put a set of springs which dropped it down 35mm , put 225 bridgestones , new screen, sony CD + rear speakers, getting a cut and polish soon, took the seat covers off so the seats look new, took the mud flaps and roo bar off as well. The original mags are perfect and look good with the 225 tyres. Really impressed with JMM the difference is chalk and cheese

#9 ·
Casper said:
Good to hear. Time to take it to the track.

Did you get race headers?
No just the standard, apparently the standard RWK is normally about 96/98 so at 92 mine was a bit low probably a tune would have got it up to normal so the tune plus dev 1 really made a difference plus the fact that the car is low Ks and well maintained.

#10 ·
useless said:
Just goes to prove that Jim Mock dev 1 is an awesome package, a great increase with just an exhaust .And the car must feel alot quicker too...well done...
Yeah Im very happy with the DEV1 , not too loud and very smooth to drive I have a BA Fairmont which goes well , be interesting to see if the DEv 3 would get the RWK close to the BA, I think the standard BA is 140

#11 ·
BigAl said:
Yeah Im very happy with the DEV1 , not too loud and very smooth to drive I have a BA Fairmont which goes well , be interesting to see if the DEv 3 would get the RWK close to the BA, I think the standard BA is 140
Stock BA NA I6 is around that yes. Mine was 138 rwkw stock (NOT on the JMM dyno). Post DEV3, it was 158.3 rwkw (NOT on the JMM dyno).

#12 ·
XRchic said:
Stock BA NA I6 is around that yes. Mine was 138 rwkw stock (NOT on the JMM dyno). Post DEV3, it was 158.3 rwkw (NOT on the JMM dyno).
I made some inquiries about getting some mods done to the BA Fairmont but figured I would be better off to sell the BA and buy a Turbo with difference in price after Mods on the BA I figure the extra grunt and more HP potential on the TURBO is the way to go the warranty issues would be of concern to me , I reckon a good option would be to get a basic XT do the DEV 3 and suspension and wheels keep the cost down a bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.