Ford Forums banner

Removing radio in XB Fairmont

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  LTDHO 
#1 ·
So far this place has been as helpful as, so I come here with yet another question for you all.

I want to remove the 30 year old AM radio from my XB Fairmont and replace it with a cd player, but am unsure how to get it out. I've removed the face and can see four screws [two above and two below] that seem to be bracketing the radio in behind the dash, but the only way I can think of getting to them is by taking the dash out, as the screws are well behind the dash.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the radio out, please?

#3 ·
WOW original stereo in XB Fairmont, I didn't think any XB had them. I'd leave it in keeping it looking authentic and hide the CD player.If you have a CD player with remote, you could mount it under the seat!

#4 ·
Yeah, I posted a thread a while ago asking for peoples suggestions on setting up a sound system that couldn't be seen, so as to keep the original look of the car. The glovebox was most peoples suggestion for the whereabouts of a hidden cd player, but I'd rather not have to pull over to the side of the road to lean across and change cd, and I'd also rather have the headunit on the drivers side of the car so that passengers can't get to it and put on their [excuse the deutch] "shisen" music. I think under the seat might be the best option.

Any ideas for the mounting setup though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.