Ford Forums banner

Trip Computer works with LPG?????

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  InitialD 
#1 ·
Hey all,

While out driving to pickapart today, was playing with the trip computer to see my instant usage, etc

I changed over to LPG and the Trip computer is telling me HOW MUCH LPG IM USING???

Everything cept for the REMAINING K's is working on LPG.

How is this possible? The LPG has a "Feedback" LPG Computer connected to it in the engine bay and is wired into the engine bay. The LPG was installed only in '99 So is this possible?? I mean when its on LPG, you cant here the injectors so its not like its pumping both in. Has anyone else had this? Had me and john_xr6 stumped

#2 ·
who knows?, mine still works to it "thinks" its using fuel, maybe its wired in but havent seen such a thing like will tell me how many k's im using per 100 and stuff but range usualy goes up and down freeway it goes up and local driving goes up with all the start stopping

#5 ·
ohhh so it "thinks" its putting petrol in it, but it isnt infact.

#6 ·
yeah i got the same thing happening with my trip

i just wonna figure out how to do the dte

#7 ·
It's not actually working mad_Ea_spac. Like galapogos said, the ECU stilil reckons it's feeding fuel to the motor so it's still doing all it's little calculations. The DTE, Inst. Ave. Consumption and Ave. Consumption all work off the injector pulse wire on the ECU.

Sundeep

#9 ·
Yeah but who can be ****ed, it's always out anyhow.

Sundeep

#10 ·
Ive considered wiring it up to the LPG, but really cant be stuffed doing it now lol
when its straight LPG again, ill look at it

#11 ·
NZ said:
well if you could wire the lpg guage somehow to get the same resistance's as the stock one the dte would work
True, but this assumes the car is burning LPG at the same rate it would be delivering fuel at its given rail pressure/injector size/injector pulse width.

Which *may* be the case but i'd bet money it wasnt.

#12 ·
LPG is burnt at a faster rate. So there goes that idea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.