Ford Forums banner

Ford's Resale.

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  steviewonder36 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Problem is he's selling it without the wheels and he doesnt have the original ones?

what are we meant to do bring our own?

#9 ·
RaceCraft said:
what i find strange is how much the XR8 has diminished...
Comparing to a XR6 sedan at around 36k+ new.. second hand around 30k is not too bad.. only a 6000 loss but then the XR8 that was 46k+ new and can be found for around 3000 more than a N/A XR6
The XR8 that i found was a bit of a rare case, they more likely to fetch over 40 grand still. It's just the toser on carsales.com is prenty much giving it away, thus forces other people selling XR8's to lower there prices to compete with the sale. Overall cheapening the XR8, it's nothing new though.

#10 ·
xr6 ute said:
The XR8 that i found was a bit of a rare case, they more likely to fetch over 40 grand still. It's just the toser on carsales.com is prenty much giving it away, thus forces other people selling XR8's to lower there prices to compete with the sale. Overall cheapening the XR8, it's nothing new though.
not really, i agree that guy might be a tosser but the auction houses have quite a few under 35k fixed price.. The cheapest is a 60000 kay XR8 going for 31k.. Bear in mind they are 'off the street' prices so if you were to bid or use dealer networks/wholesale prices; as Sylox said you could be picking them up for around 25-28k... That is getting close to 1/2 new list price in just over 12 months

#11 ·
RaceCraft said:
not really, i agree that guy might be a tosser but the auction houses have quite a few under 35k fixed price.. The cheapest is a 60000 kay XR8 going for 31k.. Bear in mind they are 'off the street' prices so if you were to bid or use dealer networks/wholesale prices; as Sylox said you could be picking them up for around 25-28k... That is getting close to 1/2 new list price in just over 12 months
Yeah you could be right there, the auction dont help with resale values. I also think that there are too many people out there that buy new cars and then a couple of years later they want a new one, and they're prepared to lose heaps in a private sale, or lose heaps by trading it in. I think if your going to buy a new car, you should keep it for at least 5-6 years.

#12 ·
Phantom (Ray) just sold his BA XR8 2003 on ebay the customer traveled from NSW to Melbourne to buy it, he got a price than whats been quoted in here..

#13 ·
Pik0 said:
Problem is he's selling it without the wheels and he doesnt have the original ones?

what are we meant to do bring our own?
I'd be interested in it for that price, most definately.

But, I'm a bit skeptical about the ad, he say's he is selling for financial reasons, so why so cheap. Wouldn't you want the best price you can get!

Also, how much would I have to fork out for new wheels and tyres for it?

#15 ·
jimmy_c said:
03 Ba Fairmont with 45,000 kms the dealer has it for 23990.

I dont know whats going on. but if your a buyer you would be happy.

i feel sorry for those trying too sell.

That's what happens when you get a hugely successful model like the BA. Simple matter of supply and demand. Huge number of BAs on the road - many of them discounted fleet sales - which end up flooding the used car market 2 years down the track. Fairmont resales have always been a bit soft but the model to take a big hit in resale prices is the XR6 NA which has been a real fleet favourite. I am surprised however, that the XR6T and XR8 have been hit hard too as these aren't fleet models and so the supply/demand balance is more in the sellers favour.

#16 ·
yeah true, the XR6 NA seems to be holding well in the low 30s. But some company/s brought a heap of Futuras if you have a look at the auction website lol.

23/24000 dollars most of them under 20,000 kms. one has 7,500 on it. still bloody new.

I noticed the police is purging a few VXIIs and VYIs and a few AUIIIs as well.

LOL one ad, said ex govt low kms one owner, lol had the speedo calibration sticker on the dash HWP XR8. 64,000kms 32990

#22 ·
Ford_Crazy said:
People, IVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH CAR SALES THE LAST FEW WEEKS, you can't find XR8's for under 35k? the ones that are that cheap have put on heaps of k's, decent ones with low mileage are upward of 40k?? The VY SS has dropped though, 32-35k with low km's??
Did you miss the big link at the start? BA XR8 $33,500 and 37000km, if you call this high milage, you wont ever own a car very long.

#26 ·
Ford have got a real problem.

If you buy one new full retail you would never buy a Ford again.

The resale is almost as bad as a magna!

You have to buy them at about 2 years and 50,000km to get any chance of a reasonable resale when you trade up.

I am sticking with my AU because its not worth selling and I can't get a fairmont wagon any more and I don't want a territory ghia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.