03 Crown Victoria Front End Squeak - Page 2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2006, 19:06   #11 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Re: 03 Crown Victoria Front End Squeak

WD-40 your A-Frame bushings too(upper and lower). Thats what squeaked on mine.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007, 15:40   #12 (permalink)

I've got the same grinding problem in my '98 CV. Primarily when turning left. Has anyone found out what this might be?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:46   #13 (permalink)

Ball joints (upper).... I took a needle greaser and greased them through the boot. It stopped the squeak. But eventually the car ended up handling like a late model ford truck... (must drive with the casual back and forth motion). As it turns out these OEM ball joints actually get tight before they wear out... ARRGG!! So I'm off to find some greaseable joints. If anybody knows where I find a set for my '97 Grand Marquis please send me a PM.
my_ol_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 16:59   #14 (permalink)

I too had a similar squeak. Turned out to be front shock mounts. Lubed with silicone grease, never returned. BTW, Don't use petroleum based grease (vaseline, etc.) on black rubber. It will eat them up. On urethane its ok though.
WC
WayneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 15:33   #15 (permalink)

You guys witht he squeak in the front end...my 2005 did the same thing, and I put a touch of white grease on the hood stops. Took care of the problem.
'05 vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:13   #16 (permalink)

Just thoughts here, sway bar end links, shock mounts, control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings. Put the car on ramps, block the tires, have someone wiggle the car while laying under it listening for squeaks. It is amazing the parts that can cause squeaks. My F-350 drives me nuts.
mmmdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30   #17 (permalink)

The place where I take my 2000 CV LX for oil changes told me that he knew what the problem was and he had a name for it!

It is called "My car is a Ford Crown Vic". LOL.

He said every Crown Vic that comes in has the same problem. He said to put white lithium grease on every joint including all of the rubber bushings since there are NO grease fittings.

Don't use WD40. It will evaporate.

It is aggravating and I am sick and tired of it. Ford should do something about it!!!
susanherna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71