Hey guys.......This sounds stoopid, but I have a pulley or SOMETHING squealing like mad...I replaced the idler pulley, and the tensioner pulley....PULLEY ONLY, not the tensioner assembly.
Squealing went away AT FIRST, but after a day or so, came BACK.
Has anyone ever heard of the tensioner assembly itself squealing (worn out internally?) when under load vs the pulley
Also, this problem changes when you turn the A/C on or off......When it's on, the tensioner dances quite a bit, and the squealing increases, but not so much when it's off.
I haven't been able to get a stethoscope on it yet, (don't HAVE one) so I guess it COULD still be the A/C, but I'm leaning toward the tensioner...... ALSO, when I relieved the tensioner to remove the belt, there was what I considered unusual movement (slop?) of the assembly fore and aft...Is this normal?
P.S. I have 134k miles on it.
1. LOUD squealing coming from what I suspected was a pulley.
2. REPLACED idler pulley and pulley only
3. Noise abated briefly, but now has come back, although to a lesser degree.
4. Tensioner assembly has some slop, but I don't know if it's normal.
5. noise comes and goes under load.
1. the tensioner assembly itself and the internals grinding together, making the noise?
2. Is it the A/C compressor and I am screwed?
3. I like pie.
Thanks for any wisdom or advice guys, sirius.