1988 Crown Vic heater duct work - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 12:46   #1 (permalink)

1988 Crown Vic heater duct work

I've had a problem with my heat for a few years now, no matter where I set the air to go, it always keeps comming out of the main vents. This is becomming a problem as my windshield defroster has no air pressure to clear it up during the winter. At one point I asked the local ford dealer, and they quoted me $800 to repair it. I laughed at them and left the dealership.

So I did some digging around and found 3 vacuum motors hooked up to blend doors. All of the motors seems to work perfectly through their full range of motion. I know one I found was for opening the door near the blower to recirculate interior air, and since another one of them had 3 positions and moved in the mix setting, I believe it was for the defroster setting. the 3rd one was in the dead center of the car and I was unable to determine it's function, though it appears to move correctly.

Does anyone know how many of these doors and vacuum canisters there are (I've got A/C but no ACT) in this system, and their general locations? I'm pretty sure this whole problem is the vent blend door not closing, but I can't find a canister that seems to affect vent flow when it moves.
chemlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71