1988 Grand Marquis Weatherstrip (Doors) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2006, 15:54   #1 (permalink)

1988 Grand Marquis Weatherstrip (Doors)

A little History:
I just took back a 1988 Grand Marquis...It was my Grandfathers, then I used it in 96-97 for a college car. Then it sat around, till my parents took it over about in 1999 in which I drove it to TN and left it for them as their house. They used it till 2006 and gave it back to me. They have a top notch local mechanic that pretty much took care of any problems. To this date 148K miles are on the car, runs great...and it handled the trip back to MI just fine.

I use it for a work car, and just to lower the miles on the 04 Explorer I have. Fun to get the odd looks from my naighbors who blow $45K+ on their cars...I love cars, just not that much to waste money *shrug* oh, and yes I know my lease is a waste...it is up in Dec :-)

Okay here is the question:
The driver side door weatherstrip is torn and worn pretty good, I would like to replace it with new original or aftermarket that is to original specs. I am thinking if not too costly I will replace all the doors, which I am sure they need it. Where is a place I can get this?

Thank you for any help you can give...
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2006, 20:09   #2 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Re: 1988 Grand Marquis Weatherstrip (Doors)

Go online and look at JCWhitney
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:35   #3 (permalink)

Yep, those seem to be generic...which one would I use?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:31   #4 (permalink)

go to ford and get a oem parts these aftermarket weatherstrips sometimes are not the correct size and you have to cut or strecth them out
there about 35 bucks or so at ford
why pay twice when you can get it right the first time
cabowabo-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 14:28   #5 (permalink)

I've got to agree with cabowabo-vic. If the Ford replacement is affordable, do it. Otherwise, you'll wish you had.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18   #6 (permalink)

Thanks...I did not know Ford even still sold parts for a 1988 Crown Vic / Grand Maquis...hmmmm I guess I will go over tomorrow and check out what they say. Yep, I rather get it right the first time...I have bad luck with doing things myself and spending more to fix what I did wrong...hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71