1990 CV, 302, EGR Valve Help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2005, 11:37   #1 (permalink)

1990 CV, 302, EGR Valve Help!

Hey Everyone, I make no claim of being super great with engines, but I need some help with cleaning the clogged EGR valve on the CV I just bought. The guy before said the EGR valve needs too be cleaned up, but I'd rather try to clean it out myself rather then send it to the ford dealership and have them make lots of money off of me. I basically do not know what to take apart and clean, I have been searching all over the internet, but to no avail. I have a rought idea, but if someone can send me some details, or some pictures, that way I can really focus on the spot, and know that im taking the right part apart. Thanks!

(I'm pretty sure it is the EGR, as im getting horrible mileage, about 17 mpg, rather then the 23-24, that I should be getting, and with gas prices, that is bad.)
1990 CV, 302, EGR valve.
freakinace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 21:25   #2 (permalink)
That guy

Re: 1990 CV, 302, EGR Valve Help!

Trust me, CVs don't get 23-24, 20 is lucky, even in the newer ones. As for the EGR, its a flying saucer on the drivers side of the intake. Just take it off (9/16" and a 1/2" open end wrench), then use some cleaner degreaser with a screw driver, get as much black stuff out. Them before putting it back one spray it down with greasless lubricating spray. Thats all you need to do unless you want to change the valve sensor. If you really worried about you gas milage then get new O2 sensors. Go to www.rockauto.com for good prices. The O2s are a pain to change tho.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71