1994 Keyless entry programming - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01   #1 (permalink)

confused 1994 Keyless entry programming

I have a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria. The keyless entry has stopped working. I cannot find a 2 pin connector to short out behind the glove box. All I see is a 7 pin connector coming off the wiring harness.

I have also tried the turning off and on the ignition several times, but the locks do not cycle. I think this car was built in Canada. Anybody have any ideas? They will be greatly appreciated.

LT5000
LT5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 18:26   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 1994 Keyless entry programming

It's a white or grey plastic connector with 2 terminals that is not plugged into anything. The color of the two wires is grey/yellow and white/yellow

Turn switch to "on"
jumper the two wires momentarily
the system will respond by locking and then unlocking all doors or chirping the horn.
after the locks cycle, remove the jumper wire.
press any button on the first transmitter.
all doors will lock then unlock or the horn will chirp to verify signal acceptance
repeat for each remote (up to 4)
turn ignition switch to off.
doors will then lock and unlock or the horn will chirp

Also says 'the connector is located behind/under the glove compartment (attached to the relay mounting panel or taped to the wire assembly) and is accessed by dropping the glove compartment.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1994 Keyless entry programming

I'm not seeing any connector like that. However, I also have a starter disable module. This has a 2 pin connector running to it, but is connected. I may have to swing by an alarm shop and slip somebody a few $$.

Thanks for the info, I have really looked around in the area behind the glove box and I have not seen anything even remotely like what you described.

Since it was manufactured in Cananda, I am wondering if it was placed somewhere else in the car.

LT5000
LT5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71