1996 Grand Marq - wet carpet on drivers floor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53   #1 (permalink)

1996 Grand Marq - wet carpet on drivers floor

I am having a problem with my newly purchased 1996 Gran Marquis. The floor on the drivers side (front) is constantly wet. Can't find any leaks as far as windows or trim. Seems like it might be a clogged drain tube from the a/c, but I can't locate it to clear it out - WHERE IS IT LOCATED? I thought it might be the heater core leaking at first, but the water is clear and not sticky. HELP!
tekfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2007, 11:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1996 Grand Marq - wet carpet on drivers floor

Hmm, Not sure on the drain tube, sorry. But if you've been driving in rain, or wet roads, go over the firewall and anyplace that a wire or cable goes through it, with a fine tooth comb. That is an area of weakness and a common complaint on these cars, although usually the leak is on the passenger side. And since the AC parts associated with the drain tube are usually on the passenger side, I'd start looking around there. Good luck.
greenmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 15:04   #3 (permalink)

Re: 1996 Grand Marq - wet carpet on drivers floor

Water Leaks in the Front Seat Area - Ford police cars normally have one or two 3/4" holes that are cut into the firewall. These allow for emergency equipment cables and wires to be run through, and are originally sealed with a rubber plug. Some agencies forget to reinstall the plug(s) after removing the cables and wires, and these holes can allow water to get through the firewall and into the cockpit, resulting in a mysterious wet floor. To locate the holes, pull down the carpet that is against the firewall, and you should see the holes. Get a rubber plug (available at most auto parts stores) and fill the hole with it.

thingstoknow
jinroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71