1998 Crown Vic EATC???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02   #1 (permalink)

1998 Crown Vic EATC????

Ok guys help me out. I have just about spent all my money on this car and still have not got it completely fixed. I have replaced every thing with the heat and air. New complete ford oem duct work, new actuator motors, new vacume motors, new hot/cold actuator and now it still does not switch from hot to cold. The mechanic said it was the control unit (as in the thing with the buttons,I don't know its actuall name) because he can bypass it and manually make the motor turn it from hot to cold. He has it set on hot rot now since winter is coming pretty quick. How can I test this thing to make sure it is indeed the problem? I took it out and sent it off to be rebuilt and it didn't help. Then the company that repaired it said that they only fix the part that changes from vent to defrost etc... So there is money down the drain. Can it be some thing stupid that I have done like plug the connecters in the wrong spot? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
justinlogue5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 14:14   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 1998 Crown Vic EATC????

See if this does anything for you. EATC
Old 10-26-2010, 16:39   #3 (permalink)

Ok, Somethings not right. I tried several times and I can't get it to run the test. I have done this test before I had to start replacing every thing so I know its not me.(I don't think so any way.) What do I try now?
Old 10-26-2010, 17:05   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Here are the diagrams for the system.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:00   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the help but I have to admit. These diagrams make no sense to me. Do you have something for dummies (me) that tells me to check the purple wire for voltage. If it does not have voltage go here, or test this wire on back of control for voltage. If its hot now test this wire while holding button down. If it doesn't have power controle module is bad or some thing to that effect? Sorry for sounding stupid but I just have never been able to comprehend these electrical diagrams. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I'd have to be there and go through it with you. Electrical is tough for some mechanics too. In the middle of this page there's some information that may help you. Ford EATC (Electronic Automatic Temperature Control) Retrofit
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12   #7 (permalink)

I was looking at this diagram and it was help ful in that it told me what wires were for what but do you have some thing that tells me which wire is hot or ground and when its supposed to be hot etc...

Another question, I think it is leaning toward the control head being bad and before I pay a minimum of 200.00 for a used one. Can these be fixed by some one who knows electronics? Unless the board was cracked/broke it would have to be something like a resistor or diode burned out right? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:21   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

That link I posted tells what each wire does and which have power and ground. A used control can be gotten from $75 and up and you might even talk them down. Check here. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Old 10-29-2010, 14:04   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for that web site!!! Took me a min to figure it out but I found one guranteed to work and shiped to my door for only $67.60. Hopefully this will take care of the problem and I can finaly be done with this car!
Old 10-29-2010, 14:06   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Keep us posted.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71