1999 GM Blend Door actuator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 14:42   #1 (permalink)

1999 GM Blend Door actuator

My Grand Marquis is showing code 024 025. I want to fix it myself, but im not sure exactly where it is located under the dash. I live in south louisiana and i bought this car as a replacement for my towncar(totaled) and because the ac works so well. Can anybody tell me where to start. Ford dealer quoted me $800. I really dont want to sell my car but theres no point in keeping it without ac.
aaronv504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 15:32   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 1999 GM Blend Door actuator

Here's a link to the repair. The instrument panel needs to be removed (at least pulled back to get at it. It's a big job. | Repair Guides | Air Mix/mode Actuator (blend Door) | Removal & Installation | AutoZone.com

What problems are you having?
Old 06-12-2013, 15:47   #3 (permalink)

Thanks man. I know it will be a big job! Id rather do it and keep the car though. I have 2 grand marquis' and i love them both. I will get started tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2013, 15:49   #4 (permalink)

Ive seen this diagram from autozone, and it doesnt tell me anything. When they say instrument panel, do they mean the dash? Do i have to drop the steering colum and remove the whole dash? if so is there any instructions on how to do that. Haynes manual has no info about the blend door at all.
Old 06-12-2013, 16:57   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

This is for the heater core but show a lot on the instrument panel. The dash if you want to call it that, not the gauges area or cluster.| Repair Guides | Heater Core | Removal & Installation | AutoZone.com

I've done several and there are some shortcuts that you'll see as you go along.
Old 06-13-2013, 00:07   #6 (permalink)

Since that diagram is for the heater core, Im confused. The front seats have to come out? ive heard that the pas. airbags dont have to be removed. Is there any other diagrams on how to remove the instrument panel besides autozone's? I dont want to start taking things apart that dont need to be. Ive looked online and I cant seem to find anything helpful. I know Im not the only one whos had this problem. Ive rebuilt the 4.6 before, but the interior is something ive never messed with. What is the first step?Also sometimes when i run the diagnostic then press the defrost button the ac will work, sometimes for days, sometimes for 30 seconds, but the code 024 always comes back. Sometimes it says 024, and 025, but most of the time just 024. Could it be something else causing this?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The blend door motor just operates to change from heat to cool. It has nothing to do with the system coming on or not. Read this about the test procedure. Code 24 and 25 (blend door actuator)are showing up - Fixya
Old 06-13-2013, 12:36   #8 (permalink)

The system always comes on.What i meant was sometimes, it blows cold for days, hours, mins. sometimes it decides to switch to heat. Im just trying to get help taking it apart.
Old 06-13-2013, 13:51   #9 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

| Repair Guides | Heater Core | Removal & Installation | AutoZone.com

Just use the instructions to the core point. I'd probably replace the core too while it's apart.
Old 06-13-2013, 18:04   #10 (permalink)
Moderators

I've done this once, and Bert is very right, it is a BIG job. The entire dash has to be removed, and while it is extra work, I found that removing the seat makes the job easier on the back and neck.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71