1999 Grand Marquis P0401 Code - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54   #1 (permalink)

1999 Grand Marquis P0401 Code

So I'm back, with another problem this time. Other than an issue with one of the coil packs, the car has been running great. Shortly after I got gas this morning (probably 5 miles after I left the station) my check engine light came on. Figuring it was just an evap code I ignored it and drove the rest of the 20 miles to work. When I got here, I grabbed my OBDII scanner and pulled the code. It gave me P0401 which from me searching appears to be Insufficient EGR Flow. About a year ago, I had issues with the DPFE and the hoses leading from the EGR line to the sensor. I replaced the hoses and the sensor and hadn't had a lick of trouble until this morning. I reset the code but I suspect it will come back. Any idea where to start troubleshooting this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 1999 Grand Marquis P0401 Code

Try applying vacuum to the EGR valve and see if it makes the car idle rough or die. Check the hoses to the DPFE and make sure they are open. You can start the car with them off and see if they both blow exhaust. Don't run it to long with them off or the hoses could get hot.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32   #3 (permalink)

Sorry I took so long getting back to this one. I have been too busy to tear into this lately. Well I had another problem yesterday, a tie rod broke loose on the freeway. While it was in the shop I asked them to check out the light. Turns out the DPFE sensor (the one I just installed last summer) was shorted. Fortunately it was a NAPA part and warranted for life so it didn't cost anything for the part. Thanks again for your help!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 17:30   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the update. Glad that you got it fixed
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71