2001 CV DEAD cam - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 16:43   #1 (permalink)
P71 Proud Owner

2001 CV DEAD cam

Hey!!

I just (2 weeks ago) bought a used 2001 PI 120k with a damaged engine. They stated it needed a new oil pump but the engine sure needed more With the price I paid for I knew I had major repairs to do but that didn't bother me. So I did some basics searches and found that one cylinder wasen't exploding. Found out it was a valve roller that wasen't where it should and the RH camshaft is defenately good for trash. The camshaft "seats" are damaged so I was wondering if that could be replaced with some kind of sleeve or something as I don't know if I can replace that.

The engine head itself looks good as the seats didn't completely worn-out. One of the camshaft bearing cap is also to be replaced because it is cracked and let a roller move away so I guess I'll replace both at the same time. The rollers and valves looks in neat condition so I won't change theses. I know the oil pump is under trouble because when I start the engine I can see the gage going up and down. With the whole radiators assembly removed, how hard is it to change the oil pump?

Any advise on getting that camshaft and oil pump replaced is well welcome! About anything can help so don't be shy !
Crash_D1n3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 20:07   #2 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Re: 2001 CV DEAD cam

Trash that engine and go to a junkyard and get another on that has low mileage.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 20:16   #3 (permalink)
P71 Proud Owner

Lol really?

How much should I expect for a decent one and will any year fit my vehicule?
Crash_D1n3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

98+ will work without much modification. $1500 is the high side of normal for a low mileage one
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71