2004 Mercury Grand Marquis - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 02:23   #1 (permalink)

Question 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis

I have been looking at a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate. It has 16k miles and they want $16 for it. It is at a dealer. Is this a decent deal? I have been away from the Grand Marks and Crown Vics for a while so I'm not sure. Anyone have any idea's. It's the Arizona Beige color with a light beige interior. Looks real sweet.
Robert 96
Robert 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 19:34   #2 (permalink)
rvguy

Re: 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis

Right now, the black book for the GM says that $8,500 + $200 for leather. This is average wholesale. Clean wholesale is borderline at that mileage, but the write a check for it money is a bit under or maybe at $9,000.

I'm fortunate in that we buy my father-in-law's GM when he buys a new one. Actual cash value on trade (wholesale). Next year we will have a 2000, and a 2004. Can't wait!

The #'s above may not be the ones that work for you, but it is the real deal as far as a dealer/wholesaler will put real $ into.
rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:10   #3 (permalink)

Question Re: 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis

O.K. RV Guy, what do I do when I go into the dealership knowing this info. when they are asking a far different price. Do I just make them a offer for a low price or what? I really appreciate your info. but I don't know how to put it into action. By the way, I have a 07 Honda Civic with 6k miles on it. The car is a 4 door LX Sedan with Automatic Transmission. White with tan interior. The Honda payoff is only $7900. The car is perfect.
Thanks Robert 96
Old 10-10-2007, 19:37   #4 (permalink)
rvguy

I wonder why they don't go ahead and ask 17,500 for it? Are you looking to trade the Honda? I can book it if you want. Speaking of books, it is a little black book that comes out every 2 weeks or once a month. This is what the used car manager uses along with experience to decide how much REAL money to put into a trade. Average wholesale is the number. Not clean wholesale. There may be adds for options.

I bought a used 95 z28 years ago. Average wholesale with adds was 11,500. I walked in, drove it, and told the salesman, "I think that 1,000 profit to make a sale right now is reasonable". Of course the salesman went to the used car sales manager with the offer. He gave me the service dept. bill for 600 in brake work that had been done when the car was traded in. I eventually dicked around until they sold it to me for 1,350 over avg. wholesale. F-n GM crud. I will not buy another z again. (besides the point) But that is how an informed consumer will go about it. I told them that I am in the business of selling at an RV dealership, and have spent 6 months years ago in the car business. That is not important for you, but being armed with the facts and knowledge is all you really need. The dealer will come at you with a super-inflated "internet" price, a Kelly blue book number, and anything they can come up with to make lots of money on a choice used piece. 3,000 to 5,000 and more is what they would love to, and try to make. It is up to you. The most powerful tool in ANY negotiations is the ability to get up and leave the table.
DO NOT BE AFRAID to ask for a great deal, or walk away from one that isn't a great deal.
16,000 miles is pretty low. The model is going on 4 years old. Take a look at what 5 to 7 year old GM's are ASKing in the trader papers, may keep you from spending 16k on an '04. By the way, I've seen lots of ads in the paper about a year ago for 17,995 for a NEW one.
I hope this helps.
Hey, can I have your Honda if I pay it off? hehe
Old 10-11-2007, 01:53   #5 (permalink)

Wink Re: 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis

Thanks RV guy. Yes, go ahead and black book my car for me. I understand what you are saying to do with the info. I have now. Do you have to be a dealer to get the Black Book?
Old 10-12-2007, 19:49   #6 (permalink)
rvguy

Sorry Rob96, I have clean copies of the Little Black Book Oct. 07 in front of me now (10-12-07).

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis (GM)
LS: Avg. wholesale (W): $9,800
GS: " " $8,500
Add $200 Leather GS
Deduct $300 W/O Leather LS

Hmmm. Deciding to use clean W or average W is
a fine line. Same year (07) avg. miles and the highest
resale value, hmm.
This and any book referenced number is just that. Paying for it
right now is subjective. The book doesn't write checks in other words.
Same LBB on the 2007 Honda Civic:

2D Coupe LX avg W $14,800
4D Sedan LX " " $15,100
2D clean W $15,600
4D " " $15,900
Add$600 Nav Syst. LX
You have Auto trans
no deduct.

There are different markets in the country
that make a car worth more/less.
I wouldn't bother to buy the book.
Hopefully guys like me make it hard for
well informed people to make mistakes.
Get informed, buy/sell.
Thats my take. Hope it helps.

Got smoked by 6cyl Acura tonite.
Where the hello do you get a header-back
exhaust for a 2000 GM? Cold air intake - do it
yourself stuff?

Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71