2006 Marquis door chime sounds while driving when directional light is turned on - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02   #1 (permalink)

Question 2006 Marquis door chime sounds while driving when directional light is turned on

2006 grand marquis door chime sounds while driving. generally at night at highway speed with lights, radio and cruise control on. it most noticeably happens when i put the directional light on and then the door chime sounds in an irregular way. i have also noticed that the radio and radio light may dim or go out. after i turn off directional light i sometimes have to turn the radio back on. i have a couple questions about this:
1. does anybody know what this problem is ?
2. dealer says if he can't duplicate there's nothing he can do and reporting it wont extend warranty coverage for this problem.
don't know if this is related but cowl was sealed twice due to water accumulation on passenger front and rear floor. that water affected rear door lock on passenger side. was told wiring harness had to be dried out second time cowl was sealed.
thanks

Last edited by bbbrian07; 10-20-2008 at 10:05. Reason: detail
bbbrian07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 10:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2006 Marquis door chime sounds while driving when directional light is turned on

is there a way to check for service bulletins issued on this ? dealer says he wont look up or check without having the car there. he needs to duplicate problem before going any further.
Old 10-23-2008, 15:51   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2006 Marquis door chime sounds while driving when directional light is turned on

This sounds like a electricial short and is covered under warrenty .The water leak has some how gotten into the wiring harness or fuse panel causing a short .And they cant fix it with out it being on site. Call ford for a service rep in your area and make an appiontment to meet him at the dealership .He wiil talk with you and get satasfaction on this issue.
Stick462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 18:32   #4 (permalink)

thank you for the sugestion. i will give that a try. the problem has gotten progressivly worse. the door chime sounds now when i simply have the lights on and use the directional. thanks again for your reply.
Old 04-16-2009, 18:37   #5 (permalink)

I just bought a used 06, and notice when I leave the turn signal on too long like when I switch from one highway to another in large clover leaf exchanges, I will hear a chime, I figured that it was kinda of a little warning to tell you to turn the turn signal switch to off. As for any other part dimming I have not noticed, but will take note next time and come back here and let you know.
mercdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 20:46   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercdriver View Post
I just bought a used 06, and notice when I leave the turn signal on too long like when I switch from one highway to another in large clover leaf exchanges, I will hear a chime, I figured that it was kinda of a little warning to tell you to turn the turn signal switch to off. As for any other part dimming I have not noticed, but will take note next time and come back here and let you know.

The 06 marquis has that built into it and mine does the same thing if left in l or r turn mode. It reminds you to turn it off
buzzbomb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09   #7 (permalink)

the dealer told me that the cars directional lights when left on for an extended period will normally set off the chime as a reminder. what is not normal on our car is that the chime sounds off in an irregular way. best descibed as a broken up chime that is not consistant in its timing or sound. this happens mainly on the highway. it is inconsistant and the dealer is aware of it. another poster said Call ford for a service rep in your area and make an appiontment to meet him at the dealership . i called the dealership and asked for a ford service rep to look at the problem and was told that wasnt necessary. they had a tech ride in the car again, this time while i was in it. i was lucky enough to have it happen when he was riding in it. they acknowledged the problem but said they cant do anything about it due to its intermitant nature.

the problem i originally described continues. over the last few months it developed an intermitant faulty left turn signal indicator. the turn signal will click really fast for an couple trips or days then return to normal. the dealer says its a faulty bulb. but the bulb is not burnt out. they say it is slowly burning out. may be this is the case but with the other electrical problem it doesnt inspire confidence. the issue is our warranty is set to expire in august 2009 and weve got 35,000 miles. we try not to drive it much anymore hoping the problem gets worse so they can fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71