Ford Forums banner

2007 vic -how to reset the oil life

14K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  freddfish 
#1 ·
I have a 07 vic, how on earth do I reset the oil life as I just had the oil changed and want to reset it so the stupid light will not light up everytime I start the car ? I read the manual and followed the steps but its not working.

#2 ·
Is this what you have tried ?

Crown Victoria
2006-2010

Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
Press SELECT to change the oil life start value. OIL LIFE START VALUE SET TO XXX% will be displayed.
Press and hold the RESET control for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% "OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL" is displayed.
Press and hold the RESET control for three seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and "OIL LIFE START VALUE SET TO XXX%" is displayed.
Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

#5 ·
Well....I need help. I followed the above directions to the LETTER...and was unable to reset that %$#@% message. I have a beautiful deep red 2007 Crown Vicky that I bought in May with only 25K on it, for $13,500, and I love it.

But this darn oil change message is driving me crazy.

To break it down: I got in and turned the key to the last position I could before engaging the starter. Pressed SELECT, but got no message about resetting the oil change interval, or any other message for that matter.

I tried mitting the RESET button even though the message wasn't being displayed, for the appropriate time intervals, but that message was there again once I turned the key to OFF, then back to the RUN position.

I sure would like a little help with this...the shop that did the change couldn't reset it either, but they didn't have a clue about how to start, not even the directions listed above, so I guess they don't count.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this.

Fred

PS: Hey R. S. Logan....isn't a Crown Vic kinda big for Scottish roads? Not to mention that the column is on the wrong side, and they aren't the best on fuel. You must really like the model. :driver:

#6 ·
" PS: Hey R. S. Logan....isn't a Crown Vic kinda big for Scottish roads? Not to mention that the column is on the wrong side, and they aren't the best on fuel. You must really like the model. "

Dont know what kind of impression you have of Scottish roads , maybe you've been watching to many old films of tracks away up in the Highlands in many years gone by , but I can assure you we have progressed from the Braveheart days with our motorways and road infrastructure .With so many Rolls Royces , Range Rovers , Lamborghinis,AstonMartins , Jags , stretch Humvees etc. and other gas guzzlers using our roads , I sure we will manage any Crown Vics . We recently had over a hundred American cars imported into one of our city centres for the Brad Pitt movie and seemed to have managed

.BBC News - Filming starts in Glasgow for Brad Pitt zombie movie

Hell we've even got electricity , running water ,TV 's , computers now over here !!!!

As for left hand drives ( known in the trade as " southpaws " we have many from our neighbours the European countries who also drive on the wrong side of the road .

#8 ·
" PS: Hey R. S. Logan....isn't a Crown Vic kinda big for Scottish roads? Not to mention that the column is on the wrong side, and they aren't the best on fuel. You must really like the model. "

Dont know what kind of impression you have of Scottish roads , maybe you've been watching to many old films of tracks away up in the Highlands in many years gone by , but I can assure you we have progressed from the Braveheart days with our motorways and road infrastructure .With so many Rolls Royces , Range Rovers , Lamborghinis,AstonMartins , Jags , stretch Humvees etc. and other gas guzzlers using our roads , I sure we will manage any Crown Vics . We recently had over a hundred American cars imported into one of our city centres for the Brad Pitt movie and seemed to have managed

.BBC News - Filming starts in Glasgow for Brad Pitt zombie movie

Hell we've even got electricity , running water ,TV 's , computers now over here !!!!

As for left hand drives ( known in the trade as " southpaws " we have many from our neighbours the European countries who also drive on the wrong side of the road .
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I was likely comparing Scottish roads in the Highlands (which I actually haven't seen since the early '80s) to Irish roads, which even with the influx of EU road money are still too narrow for me to feel comfortable driving a car like the Vic. Nothing personal, or anti-Scottish meant.

Fred

#9 ·
To be honest, Bert, I tried it about 10-15 times. I would start with the vehicle totally off, key out of ignition....then insert it and turn clockwise to the position just before where the starter would kick over.

-the display reads the odometer reading for a few seconds, then displays OIL CHANGE NEEDED.

-At that point, I would begin to follow the procedure. I was unable to get it to display anything like the values reported in this procedure.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.