30 mpg????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2001, 09:15   #1 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

confused

Believe this one..... last week took Marq on a road trip. With 207k it pulled 30 mpg with the air on, and going 70-80. I did not think these cars could get that good of mileage. I was like NO WAY, I even checked my math 2x, looked at the gas pump 3x to make sure I had actually read it correctly. The trip was a ton of DOWN hill, but still I thought 25-27 would be the best I would see with the car.
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2001, 19:44   #2 (permalink)
Grand Marquis Member

I think your odometer is broken! :) All seriousness aside, I got 25 MPG commuting at 70 MPH+ once but only after an oil change with some special lubricant added ... but 30? You must have been driving downhill with a strong tail wind while drafting a truck! :)
mjschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 05:27   #3 (permalink)
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser

hahaha

My all time best MPG was like 18 on the highway... otherwise I get rouhgly 15 with moderate to semi-heavy driving... ( drive like 300 a week to school at 75 on the highway...)

Jonathan
Old 04-29-2001, 06:29   #4 (permalink)
Mod/Multicar Member

when you figure out how you got 30 mpg let us know. i would like to do what ever it is so i can get the same. it could realy help with the high prices of gas. if i can get the vic to get good mileage my wife will have to park her cady and drive the vic more.
82f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 17:10   #5 (permalink)
Grand Marquis Member

I can attest to the 30mpg rating on the Marquis's. I regularly pull high 20's on highway trips in my '93 with 146K, I average 16-18mpg running around town all week.
I know I have 3.08 gears, and run steady....aka Cruise control assisted....speeds on the highway. Other than that, I don't really push too hard in normal driving.....easy starts and stops, that sort of thing. Oh yeah, and regular maintance.
The one quirk I have noticed, and I may be crazy here, but if I run the same brand of gas everytime my MPG will level off then drop slightly. If I vary fuels....a different brand each time....then the mileage stays up. I would say it's all in my head, but I am picky about my gas mileage and I reset my 2nd trip at every fill up, so I really notice a variance.

1993 Grand Marquis w/170,000+ miles and counting. Now it's time to make her FAST!!!

Current mods:
12" conical K&N filter, Custom side exit exhaust with X-pipe and Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, replaced stock fan and clutch with PI electric fan and PSM fan controller, Aluminum PI driveshaft.
Body mods include a '95 Cobra rear spoiler, tinted windows, 17" Mustang Split 5-spoke rims w/ P255/50-17 BFG g-Froce TA radials, and a 14,000lb Auxillary Trans Cooler.
Interior: Custom A-pillar guage pod w/ Digital oil pressure and Trans. Temp. guages.
93 Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71