300HP ford engine for crown vic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2006, 05:43   #1 (permalink)

300HP ford engine for crown vic

well.. i have been a mercedes man for a good time now and find their power very useful. Recently started driving ford crown vic and greatly dissapointed by the power kick down and go of the engine..therefore would like to replace the engine with something producing 300+HP and 350+ft/lb of torque..since i moved into the ford scene quite recently, i dont know well about the ford engine lineup therefore asking sugesstion and advise about which engines will fit in well in my 2003 crown victoria...doesnt matter which year the engine come from as long as it has good realibly and design records and will not only fit well in the engine bay but also mate to the transmission..

a DOHC V8 4v/cylinder would be nice..aka Lincoln InTech.. Im typically not a fan of SOHC 3v/cylinder as they are prone to problem and expensive to repair..

Please post engine names with the year and model vehicles they may come off..
theboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2006, 06:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: 300HP ford engine for crown vic

Boss,

Sounds like what you really wanted was a 2003/2004 Mercury Marauder. They come stock with a 302 HP 4 valve 4.6L borrowed from the Mustang Cobra. (No supercharger, though.) I love mine and it packs enough power for very spirited highway driving. Don't change your engine. It would be easier to change your car. I see Marauders for sale on e-Bay all the time.

2003 Mercury Marauder

Last edited by lwblumjr; 03-06-2006 at 06:30. Reason: Addition of text
lwblumjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:15   #3 (permalink)

Smile Re: 300HP ford engine for crown vic

first thing i am in saudi arabia and they dont sell maurader here..so im stuck with changing the engine and tuning the suspension.. i can import a maurader from USA but that would take time and patience..

im not even in favour of ford forget being their fan.. i come from the european automotive scene but due to some unfortunate reason i am stuck with ford now..
Old 03-07-2006, 17:20   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss
a DOHC V8 4v/cylinder would be nice..aka Lincoln InTech.. Im typically not a fan of SOHC 3v/cylinder as they are prone to problem and expensive to repair..

Please post engine names with the year and model vehicles they may come off..
Boss,

Sorry, I did not know you were out of the country. Any 4.6 should fit your car and they can be built to run really good. Up until last year the Mustang GT only had a 2 valve (per cylinder) engine and it ran quite good. Many of our law enforcement agencies drive the Crown Victoria with good results. Their cars are nearly as quick as mine. They have the 4.6L 2 valve engines but have had a performance chip added that really wakes up performance. Maybe that is all you really need. Here is a link to one that is available.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/SPC1725.htm

There are more out there. This one allows you to adjust factory settings in your cars computer. Some are just add on chips that compensate for factory settings to allow more performance out of your stock engine. Good luck!
lwblumjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:48   #5 (permalink)

aha so u mean that ford uses the same block for all of their 4.6 engines.. therefore i opt to just change the top stuff or swap in entire engine and it should fit to the trans..!!

if im getting a crown vic LX sport then things will be a bit easier..
but if im getting LX only then its long ass work to do...

anyway i dont care how many valves its got as long as it makes a decent 300HP and 350ft/lb or torque. May be i need to drop in an engine from ford SUVs or something therefore i was concerned wether it will mate the trans or not..
Old 03-08-2006, 04:54   #6 (permalink)

can sombody just post which ford engines produce the power i am looking for... searching internet is of no help ford naming conventions are extremely confusing..
Old 03-08-2006, 18:18   #7 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

The LX and LX sport are the same as far as engines are concerned. The only difference in the two are: LX- soft ride, cushy comfort, dual exhaust,239hp,all luxury
LX sport- Handling package,floor shifter,console,dual exhaust,239hp
The engines are virtually identical,the real differences are in the computer and that is only the shift firmness,RPM shift points set slightly higher in the LX sport(4800 instead of 4500)and top speed limiter is slightly higher(110 instead of 105). The police packages(P71) is a different animal than both of these,but still the same 239hp engine.I hope this helps you with your questions
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:18   #8 (permalink)

Smile Re: 300HP ford engine for crown vic

hmm.. intresting stuff.. they are shoving the same block in every car.. this simplifies repairs and modding headaches and cuts cost.. something what mercedes did in the 80's ..anyway.. so which car the 4V heads should come off..??

is there anything which can be done with valves and timings to increase power.. top speed is usless for me.. powerfull pickup power is what i want....

i think 4V heads with some proper valve adjustment and fuel adjustment should give a lot of power!!

how about removing cats..how much power will they free up..

i would really like to go supercharging way.. but its kind of illegal here to sell aftermarket super and turbo chargers..so either i should get one form the black market or retrofit some oem one.. either way..the expense is not justified..heck..i would love to machine down my own.. wish i had the tools..!!
Old 03-21-2006, 20:59   #9 (permalink)
Unregistered

Here are a few sites to check out and do a search for what you want to do.
I have wanted to do a 4v engine swap to a cv LX Sport 2003 or newer. I have been unable to find anyone who has done this swap willing to give me an idea of the best way to do the swap.
A shop that is a vendor on the Mercury Marauder site has done this swap at least a few times.
Fastest Modulars has a lot of experience with 4v swaping with the Mustang. They have a lot of good info on that.
Most will say put in a 4v engine is easier and cheaper then changing 2v engine to 4v.
One option often suggested is to do a 2v engine with a blower. I have longevity concerns with that.

Good Luck! Please post any info and pictures when you decide what to do.

Joe

http://www.fastestmodulars.com/

http://www.crownvic.us/

http://www.mercurygallery.net/
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52   #10 (permalink)
Unregistered

I have been interested in a 2v to 4v conversion for a while. I have not been able to find anyone to give me info on a 2 to 4v engine swap. I do know that a shop in FL that has done it.

www.reinhartautomotive.com

This site has a lot of info on 4v marauder engines.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/

Most interested in more power would build up a 2v or add a blower.

Another good source of info.

http://www.crownvic.us/forum/index.php

Please keep us posted on what you do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71