302 Distributor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 17:16   #1 (permalink)

mad 302 Distributor

Is the only part that would make your car not start be the Distributor Ignition Pickup? Other than Control Module because its fine. I drove my car a lot this weekend and towing it was fine. Monday was going on a short trip car started then stopped. would not start agin. no spark... I have a old distributor that sometimes act's up. put this one in then the car started fine.
So I guess the ignition pick up is bad. So I am thinking of just buying that not a reman the control mod is ok I checked the gear's like new and the shaft in good. just want to make sure.

1989 Grand Marquis wagon 302
reman519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 20:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: 302 Distributor

Sounds accurate. Had one go out on me in my '88 Ford Ranger once with a 2.9L V6. Just quit while driving down the road and the car wouldn't start again. If you've cross checked everything else than there's a good chance it could be the culprit. Before mine quit I had noticed in the days previous the car lacking power and having intermittent power. Have you noticed the same?

'99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
-Completed full PI swap
-Marauder Airbox & 80mm MAF
-'04 CVPI Ziptube
-ADTR ported plenum
-Steeda Intake Spacer
-BOC tune
-J-Mod tranny
dryelf327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 14:40   #3 (permalink)

Re: 302 Distributor

No not this time I drove a lot this weekend no problems And I was towing my tent trailer 2000LBs plus. Monday I was at home we said ww will go to the park and canoe. It was the first time I went to start it that day it started ran for less then a min. and died was out the night before late it was fine.

I did have a bit of a loss of power and the car stalling. When my one moth old MSD Distributor took a big Crap I got all my money back for that. Not this time the car was just died.
reman519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71