302 motor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 04:18   #1 (permalink)

302 motor

my question is will a 5.0 out of one of these 3 cars fit in my 89, gt pony. she has a rod knocking and i cant afford the rebuild right now but ive found motors out of these cars in some junk yards thanks.
skunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2005, 17:36   #2 (permalink)
That guy

Re: 302 motor

What three cars are you talking about?

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 20:51   #3 (permalink)

Yes a 302 or 351 will fit in your car.
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:24   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Dan

I believe the three cars he is talking about is the Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, and the Town Car. The engines are more or less the same. You might have to swap some components and brackets for the power steering, alternator, etc, but you should be ok. Motor mounts are probably different too, so you may want to invest in a new set. The power and torque curves may be different from the Mustang, but if you are looking for a budget repair you will be ok. Also remember the Thunderbird, Cougar, and Mark VII will have a 302 under the hood too.
USAdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 20:29   #5 (permalink)

Just a little info the CV, GM, and Town Car do not make any where near the power of a mustang 302. If your looking to get the same power you have now try to get a motor from a Mark VII or another Mustang. The mustang 302 makes over 200 if i am not mistaken around 215-220HP and the CV, GM, and TC only make 160hp and 260TQ.
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 22:40   #6 (permalink)

ya i was talking about the CV, GM, and Town car. i knew i wouldnt get the same power but like USAdiesle said im just looking for a budget repair. the only motors ive found so far where out of these three cars. i actually have a 302 out of a cougar in the garage but its tore down to just the block. waiting to build my 347 stroker. But any help is greatly appriciated. also if anyone knows of any motors or junkyards in oklahoma please let me know thanks.
skunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71