4.6 performance parts? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 16:36   #1 (permalink)

4.6 performance parts?

Hi, Im about to fix the last remaining issue with my 92GM with the 4.6 soch motor. My question is, will the performance parts for the 4.6 soch 2v mustang motor fit and function on mine?(I will be getting it tuned for any parts i put on it)

I know my engine is obi 1, but i would think that the parts physically should work right??

I only want to start small right now tho. Im looking for a High quality cold air intake and underdrive gears. I know steada has underdrive gears, but My googlefu has not produced many results. I keep finding stage 1 air box replacements, but no full CAI. So who should i be looking at for my CAI needs guys?

I think my next thing would be changing the rear gears to 3.73gears and limited slip.(im not sure what its called)

Thanks for the advice guys. I Have a client that tunes with Sniper tuning and will be having him tune my ride.

Any suggestions after i get those things done? Small things, i can add that will help when/if i get a power adder later?

(Suspension upgrade advice would be grate, my car has air ride in the rear. I dont know if anyone makes High performance upgrades for that?)
Kframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 18:07   #2 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage
Re: 4.6 performance parts?

i hate air ride myself... they are moneypits.. i have ripped them out and replaced with regular springs or cargo coils for a wagon and shocks... the gears will benefit take offs but maybe a 3.55 trac-lok would be better suited... and maybe a better exhaust setup preferably dual will help open it up... about the cold air intake setup, it will possibly be a piece it together scenario due to the MAF inline for it... dont forget with the extra power will also need to improve handling and stopping... might wanna think about upgrading the front end to have larger brakes and bigger wheels from the i think 1998 bodied cars... you would need the front end parts to get the bigger brakes to work ... and then the handling will need improved by finding retired police car parts to put on the car like the sway bars and such ... remember, you make the car go faster, you will want the control and be able to stop it in case of anything happening

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 18:26   #3 (permalink)

Aye, the 1998 brake upgrade is on my list of things i want to do, but I will be doing the CAI and under drive pulleys and tuning first. What parts do i need for the 1998 brake upgrade??

You mentioned 355 with trac loc, is that a frpp item? Is that something i would have to look under mustang parts for to find?
Kframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Your car has a cold air intake as stock equipment. The most bang for your buck will come from a low restriction air filter and the stock air box. I have used the stock induction on a warmed over 5.4 in a CV with good results, it will work fine on your 4.6 unless you just want it for the "eye candy" effect.

You are looking for torque, not top end HP, to move these heavy cars. If you really feel the need to change something, a stock Marauder air box works well with a slight mid- range HP increase.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71