4 inch MAF Adaper - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 14:41   #1 (permalink)
94 Marquis

4 inch MAF Adaper

Well, after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to attach a 4 inch MAF adapter to my stock 94 GM MAF, I finally got it right and completely sealed. After doing so I jumped into my other car and headed over to Pep Boys to find a 4 in conical filter that would fit this bad boy. No luck, I went to 5 different speed shops and nothing. I am still looking for one, and I will find one, but I think I might have to order it custom. It needs to be massive. So here poses a question in my head. If I were to buy a 4 in width, 1 foot long conical air filter, would it decrease the performance in my car, or just increase it?

I will have pics later once I get my POS camera memory stick working.
SiZzOuRcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2005, 16:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: 4 inch MAF Adaper

If you buy an air filter with a 4" diameter, you should be okay if you get a really long one. The problem people run into is when they order the short filters and it doesn't flow enough air for their V8- the things were designed for imports. Also, if you find one with inner filtration (basically looks like a filter inside of the filter) instead of the cap on the end (does that make sense?), that would work.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 20:10   #3 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Yea, Im getting the monster k&n. 1 foot with a 4" diameter, I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't bog down the mixture. Im pretty sure I don't have to chip now that I have more air flow.
Old 11-23-2005, 19:26   #4 (permalink)

It won't bog down the mixture. That's not possible on an multi-point fuel injection car. The throttlebody will only allow so much air to enter the intake. The bigger the filter, the more air can be potentially allowed to enter.

Where are you getting that filter, by the way? I need one.

My Garage
Old 11-23-2005, 20:20   #5 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Pep Boys, but its not the one that I originally checked, a friend lives a little further west than me which is where he found a few in the Pep Boys near him. Its not a K&N however, its one of them cheapy APC or whatever the hell they are called. But I was told that they all are pretty much the same quality, just some are harder to clean than others. I don't have the patience to order one from K&N, but if I were you I would call them and order a nice K&N but its gunna cost you a good penny. Estimated $70-80.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:09   #6 (permalink)

The cheapo APCs work fine. Those are the only air filters I run, now- they're so cheap I can just throw 'em away and replace when they're old. I don't bother with cleaning them. I never cleaned my K&Ns, either- don't trust it, personally.

My Garage
Old 11-24-2005, 09:00   #7 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Yea, I hear ya. Im gunna head over there today if they are open and see if they have the one I need.

Happy thanksgiving by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71

Related Reading: 4 inch MAF Adaper