Ford Forums banner

5.0 engine mods

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  amo4387622 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 1988 mercury grand marquis and i am looking to get make it more powerful. My first question is will aftermarket parts for the mustang 5.0L fit on my engine? I am looking to replace most of the top end such as cylinder heads, intake, throttle body, and maybe a new exhaust. Please tell me if this will work or not and let me know where u think the best place to buy the parts from would be. Also if this won't work what would u recomend doing to get more power? Thank u i will be looking foward to ur replies.

#2 ·
Pretty much everything you have listed above for a mustang will fit on your car. But if you use the mustang TB you have to modify the stock linkage to fit the TB. Also if you are putting mustang headers on the car long tubes will not work only shorties will. Also with the shortie headers you have to use the mustang H-pipe because the stock exhaust will not bolt up to the aftermarket headers. To buy if you are looking to get the parts cheap go to a salvage yard they always have a lot of the parts you are looking for from a mustang. To buy the parts new i prefer to use jegs.com or summitracing.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.