84 ford ltd fuel filter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19   #1 (permalink)

84 ford ltd fuel filter

Wheres the fuel filter on a 84 ford ltd 3.8 fuel injected engine? Also does anyone know where the fuel pump inertia switch is located
Thanks
Gary
ohiogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 08:55   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 84 ford ltd fuel filter

The fuel filter is on the inside of the frame, passengers side near the rear. The inertia switch is in the trunk on the side but I forgot which side. If you have an owners manual, it will show it. Some one else may chime in anytime. Have you checked the thread on the "Project 1990 country squire resto/modification"? The car is like yours except for body panels. It's a very interesting thread. Project 1990 country squire resto/modification
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20   #3 (permalink)

Is this a Fox Body LTD, or a Panther Platform LTD Crown Victoria? You say 3.8L engine which makes me think were talking about a Fox Body.

Still though the Inertia switch is probably in the trunk. Not sure where the fuel lines run on the Fox Body, but the fuel filter should be in-line under the car, near the tank.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS ~89,000mi, Willow Green inside and out. It's very green.
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Base V6 187,000mi (sold)
BigMerc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:31   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You read better than I did Big Marc96. I missed the 3.8. Good Catch. They didn't have the 3.8 in any Crown Vic.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:48   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
You read better than I did Big Marc96. I missed the 3.8. Good Catch
thanks, I try.

Gary, you may want to try looking in the Mustang section, I'm willing to bet the locations would be the same as on an early Fox Mustang

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS ~89,000mi, Willow Green inside and out. It's very green.
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Base V6 187,000mi (sold)
BigMerc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 14:22   #6 (permalink)

I appreciate the advice, I did find the fuel filter and replaced it with a new one, still no fuel to the engine, I can hear the fuel pump come on momentary as I try to start the car, but Im not getting any fuel...
Old 06-06-2010, 16:51   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If you spray carb cleaner in the intake, can you get it to run?
Old 06-06-2010, 20:53   #8 (permalink)

well I have poured gas in to the throat and it will run long enough to start and burn the fuel, than nothing....so I think it has two fuel pumps one in the tank and one close to fuel filter, havent been able to see if both pumps are coming on.
Old 06-06-2010, 21:05   #9 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

There should be a test fitting at the throttle body to check the fuel pressure. Also, try this to see if there are any codes present. Ford Fuel Injection How To Run a Self-Test
Old 06-08-2010, 19:05   #10 (permalink)

I will give it a try, I pulled one of the fuel lines off coming in to the rail and turned car over, there was some fuel , but not that much pressure, I am starting to think it may be the secondary fuel pump, from what I understand theres a low pressure pump in the tank and a high pressure on on the frame , next to fuel filter. I know one of the pumps is coming on, I can hear it when trying to start car. Any opions are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71