88 grand marquis strange electric problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 01:54   #1 (permalink)

Question 88 grand marquis strange electric problem

hi all, my problem is this:

my 88 marquis was fixed for a bad start slide connector (I dont know the name, near the on/off switch in the steering column) but the electric put a start slide connector of 2 positions: on and off (no accesories position) ok, but then mi reverse lights dont work, mi turn signals dont work, the a/c, heat and fan dont work, I check the fuses and all are ok, what its the problem? thanks for reading and great forum.
megadeth_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 05:47   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 88 grand marquis strange electric problem

Need more info. Did all these things quit working after the ignition switch was replaced? Did you also check the fuses under the hood? Have you checked bulbs? When you use the turn signal, soes the bulb in the dash light up? Does the car start and run? when you checked the fuses, did you just look at them, or use a test light?
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the response, this fails after the swirh was replaced, I check the fuses whit a test light and all are fine, I check the bulbs, fine too, when I use the turn signal no light in the dash arrows, fuses under the hood? near the wiper water deposit? I will check the fuses under the hood tomorrow. the car starts fine no more fails, thanks again for the response.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22   #4 (permalink)

fuses under hood? where are located? I think near the wiper deposit but dont looks like fuses, help me please!
thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:46   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

Usually a black rectangular box with a lid that flips up. Either on the firewall or right side of engine bay. Fuses look more like a relay.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:08   #6 (permalink)

thanks! I'll check that tomorrow. thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71