90 crown vic , no heat - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 14:53   #1 (permalink)

90 crown vic , no heat

hey guys , barley any heat comming out of the heater, the only heat is prob just heat from the engine..car has new thermostat , and the pipes going to the core are hot and warm..its not leaking or giving off any sweet smell.. would it still be my heater core or could it just be clogged or something ?
90capeLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 15:00   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 90 crown vic , no heat

With the key in the run position, do you hear the motor moving when you turn the control from warm to cool? If you don't hear a hum noise. then the blend door motor is bad.
Old 12-18-2011, 18:51   #3 (permalink)

the cool/hot control is that manual switch kind , would it still be motor that opens and closes the hatch ?
Old 12-18-2011, 19:06   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I thought I saw 99 on the title. Sorry about that. The manual on the newer ones have an electric motor to move the blend door. Yours has a cable nad it may have gotten unhooked. Does it fell real easy to move?
Old 12-18-2011, 19:09   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Here's some pictures of it. | Repair Guides | Heating And Air Conditioning | Control Cables | AutoZone.com
Old 12-18-2011, 19:53   #6 (permalink)

thanks for the info , i went out and tried the switch.. i can hear the hatch opening and closing. guess thats not the culprit , tomorrow im going to see if theirs air in the system , if not maybe the core is dirty. if not i dread the fact i have to replace the heater core
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If the hoses are hot, it wouldn't be plugged. Run a garden hose in one side and see how it flows out of the other.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24   #8 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage

ex g/f car had this issue... the wire/cable to the door wasnt allowing the door to fully shut. had to adjust it. the other issue in her car was it was pretty much bypassing the heatercore alonng the top and not getting into it. switched heater cores and had great heat. her car was a 1989 Crown Vic with regular heat controls in it...

the heater core can still get clogged up and only allowing the coolant to flow across the top of the heater core instead of getting down into it. personally the heater core would be better designed to have coolant enter in the bottom and flow out the top so that the coolant flows thru it instead of across the top

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71