911 HELP FOR 2000 CVPI P71!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 21:50   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Exclamation 911 HELP FOR 2000 CVPI P71!!!!

I need right away, Please sent emails to my personal email address to help me faster? my 2 personal email address: southernp71@gmail.com & scarnrick@gmail.com
This is my story/problem:
Well I need right away from anyone! I'm trying to sell this car & I dont have the time for the car to be a PIA right, i need surgery money!!!! Argh!
My 2000 P71 shows engine code P0442 4 times since may 2011 & I still unable to find issue. My car has been suffering since the code showed up in May of this year. I now have a very small miss in the motor (acts like bad coil but isn't!),And U can hear the miss thro the back exhaust, it bucks, jerking, etc from 0-45 mph in drive <---- It was only between 30-40 mph, sound like the exhaust is a "throat ish / chocked" sound now, no misfire code from COPs , no P0442 code in the last 6 yrs, & its gotten worse.
On 10/11/2011 around 5:30pm my poor P71 started to have a "Light top tap" coming from the motor & that went away after i drove in around the 15 mile gated community, and let it idle (idled shitty) and just turn it off when I got home, I just dont know what too do or whats going on! I'm not the guy to figure this kinda of stuff out , Im more into the aftermarket stuff guy . I'm hoping it can be a small fix and some major!

This is my conclusion: 1.) 11 yr old charcoal vapor cainster need to be replaced 2.) EGR valve, EGR valve sensor, EGR solenoid or solenoid, 4.)TPS, 5.) catalytic converter 6.) Throttle body. I has to be something at of all in my conclusion.
Please I need some help, some idea on what it may be, Idea on where I can start?
I am more then Happy answer your questions.
southernp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71