92 crown vic ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 21:04   #1 (permalink)

92 crown vic ?

just wondering a few things, i dont have my license yet but will in a month a good friend of mine is selling his 92 crown vic with 150,xxx miles on it. the only things wrong with it is the brakes, tires and paint is bad but he only wants $500 ive drivin it and the stearing is a bit wierd but it could just be bacaue im used to driving a 2005.

is this a good deal?? i have about $3000 - $4000 to spend all together with the car included, would i be able to get this thing a paint job some nice rims and tires and brakes for the amount of $ i have?

BTW, i dont know to much about cars, would i be asking for problems with this thing? Thanks
notmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 21:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: 92 crown vic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmade
just wondering a few things, i dont have my license yet but will in a month a good friend of mine is selling his 92 crown vic with 150,xxx miles on it. the only things wrong with it is the brakes, tires and paint is bad but he only wants $500 ive drivin it and the stearing is a bit wierd but it could just be bacaue im used to driving a 2005.

is this a good deal?? i have about $3000 - $4000 to spend all together with the car included, would i be able to get this thing a paint job some nice rims and tires and brakes for the amount of $ i have?

BTW, i dont know to much about cars, would i be asking for problems with this thing? Thanks
First off you better be prepared to love this car. What I mean is, if in six months you get tired of it and you've dumped money into it you'll still have a '92 Crown Vic. That being said and assuming there are not a lot of other problems with the car, you should have a good solid car. You should be able to get the brakes done for 600 or less. Lots less if you do it yourself. The tires I would go top dollar on. I am real happy with my Michelins. But MAKE SURE your front end is in good shape and will hold an alignment. What about the shocks? I would go to the expense of putting new parts under there, but then the price starts going up fast. The paint is the last thing I would worry about, after you get this car safe and mechanically sound. You can spend $1,000on a decent paint job I would think.

There are lots of opinions out there...this is just one. Good luck.
'05 vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 21:50   #3 (permalink)

the brakes i can do and i want to get rims on it for sure so i will probly get rims and tires at the same time, and i think i wana go with black 18"s - 20s, how much should that be about for some decent looking rims?
notmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 21:57   #4 (permalink)

I can't help you with that...I'm too old to be putting those things on my vic. I just haven't priced them. It's going to screw up your speedmeter if you do that won't it? And if you get those low profile tires, your vic will ride kinda rough...
Old 10-28-2007, 21:58   #5 (permalink)

If you just paint the rims it has on it now , how would that look?
Old 11-01-2007, 15:07   #6 (permalink)
Fire/Rescue

Has it got the stock rims with hub caps?

IF so do what I did and get some 15" chrome trim and center caps...

rescue76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 13:32   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmade
i think i wana go with black 18"s - 20s, how much should that be about for some decent looking rims?
I'd hang with the 18s if I were looking for rims. Good places online to find what you're looking for as well. Just google it and put in the year/make/model and you'll find some sweet ones dude.

mybrosride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71