92 vic mechanical probs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 20:53   #1 (permalink)

92 vic mechanical probs

ok my 92 is having problems it will idle and cut off. cuts off even quicker if a/c is on. also it will stall on take off i hitthe gas and it bogs down then all of a sudden shoot off. i put on a iac from the junkyard i cleaned it with some deep creep. i replaced plugs and air filter need some help. it also idles very weirdly it is very spurratic up and down. some one told me it was the tps. i really want to get my car right i need help
92VICMEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006, 12:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: 92 vic mechanical probs

I would also replace the fuel filter. And a way to check to make sure your IAC is working is to unplug it while the car is at idle and if the car stalls then the IAC is working like it should, Because cleaning a IAC does not always work so they are replaced rather than cleaned. I would check the voltage at the TPS sensor it should read .5-1 volt at idle and at WOT 4-5 volts. I would also think about cleaning your MAF sensors.
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 15:59   #3 (permalink)

i replaced fuel filter i forgot to mention it stalls out alot.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12   #4 (permalink)

ok i changed tps doesnt bog down anymore but it can hardly idle it'll sit there for a sec then just die. could that be the iac valve
Old 04-20-2006, 19:50   #5 (permalink)

I would replace the IAC with a new one.
Old 04-20-2006, 20:46   #6 (permalink)

bought an iac gonna put on in the morn and c what happens
Old 04-23-2006, 18:27   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92VICMEM
bought an iac gonna put on in the morn and c what happens
I had the same problem on my 1994 CV. It was a Vaccum line T on the top of the motor underneath the intake toware the rear. The T leaked right wear the injector nipple was to mold the rubber. Over time these rubber couplers just dry up and start to crack. I would check or replace them first. It is a cheaper fix first. You could do a vacuum check also. That would tell you if you are having a vacuum problem.
ajone825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:16   #8 (permalink)

thanks i just replaced my fuel pump and the iac. the car doesnt cut off anymore but i noticed something it only runs when the maf is off when its on the car runs crappy so im assuming the mafs is bad
Old 04-24-2006, 10:00   #9 (permalink)

That does not mean the MAF is bad it might just need to be cleaned. Go to and autoparts store and ask them what they have for a spray to clean the MAF because I forget what to use. Because I have heard people using TB cleaner or a can of compressed air also.
Old 04-24-2006, 18:24   #10 (permalink)

i just found out that theres a reset button in the trunk for the fuel pump and it pops up from time to time and it causes my car to cut off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71