97 GM with fuse & horn issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 04:44   #1 (permalink)

confused 97 GM with fuse & horn issues

I have a 97 GM... the fuse for the analog gauges keeps blowing. Apparently the previous owner used to have some problems with this as well. When it first blew and I went to change it there was a 30A in the panel instead of a 15A (that the manual indicates). Anyways, put it a 15A and it blew within 5 minutes. Stuck a 20A and it lasted for about 3 days...I've got a 30A in there again...and so far it hasn't blown yet...but I'd like to figure out why

Also, the horn no longer works...it worked when I first got the car a couple months ago. Checked the fuses, there's power going to the relay. When you push down on the horn you can hear a low 'clicking' noise coming from the horn but that's all it'll do... anybody else have this issue or know what might be causing it?

melaly1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 97 GM with fuse & horn issues

Sounds like the horn is bad, check that the connections are good (pos. and ground). If you keep replacing fuses with higher amp fuses, sooner or later you will be posting on here asking advice on repariing your vehicle fire damage, or possibly showing us some pics of your 'toasted' ride.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:41   #3 (permalink)

thx... but do you know why it's burning through the correct fuses so quickly?
Old 05-31-2007, 19:25   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Is the horn and gauges on the same fuse? Fuse is probably blowing because of an intermittent short. It's just going to take time to track it down and will be frustrating to find.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 20:14   #5 (permalink)

no the horn and the analogue gauges aren't on the same fuse... it was two totally seperate issues I've been having with the car...sorry if it sounded like they were together... anyways...the only issue that was really bugging me was the fuses blowing... it's #13 on the instrument fuse panel box... I've got a feelling I'm going to have a lot fun figuring this one out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71