98 Marquis Blinker Flasher - Where? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2004, 14:16   #1 (permalink)

98 Marquis Blinker Flasher - Where?

Hello, I have a 98 grand marquis, the book dosent show the flasher mounted in the inner fuse panel. I have looked around for it. Does anyone know where I can find it? Currently the flasher is not working so there is no noise that I can trace back to it. Hopefully it will work momentarily and I can try to find it that way.
Thanks.
art
mercdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2004, 23:05   #2 (permalink)
I eat glue

Re: 98 Marquis Blinker Flasher - Where?

Did you check under the hood? If I'm correct, its under the hood on the driver side and is a 20amp fuse. Also they blinker light maybe burned out.
BlueAnodizdStl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:36   #3 (permalink)

Try looking up behind the glove box. My earlier Grand Marquis has a bunch of
electrical parts (relays, etc) mounted up there.
NHvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 16:21   #4 (permalink)

thanks for the info, I will get to it. Eventually I will post where I found it.
art
Old 07-21-2004, 17:41   #5 (permalink)

THE GOOD NEWS: I found it, THE BAD NEWS: it cost $ 338.00, yes $ 338.00 a dealer part. The flasher on 1998 and up Mercury Grand Marquis are integrated into what is called a LIGHT CONTROL MODULE LCM or black box. This is a little black box under the steering column, next to the radio to say, and has three harnesses coming out of it. So if your BLINKERS go out, all you can do is FLASH some cash to the dealer. Couldnt find it at the junk yard either so I was out of luck and had to go to the dealer.
art
Have A Good Day.
Old 07-23-2004, 18:48   #6 (permalink)
That guy

Never herd of that going, ever. You sure the dealer was confused and just sold you that? And if it was the LCM wouln't none of the lights work? Just asking.
BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:44   #7 (permalink)

BlueSteel, I did look into that also. I actually called two dealers, one of them I just asked that I needed a flasher and if they had it in stock and where it was located in the car and they eventually told me that the LCM needed to be replaced. I also questioned that there was an actual flasher.I also asked the junk dealers about flashers. When I put the part in at the dealers, the blinker started to work again. Caught me by surprise also.
art

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel
Never herd of that going, ever. You sure the dealer was confused and just sold you that? And if it was the LCM wouln't none of the lights work? Just asking.
Old 11-21-2007, 18:28   #8 (permalink)

Yep, its now in the LCM. I called some junk yards and they had sold them already. What I did do is take the old one apart and looking inside it. Many IC's and what i concluded it that there was a lot of moisture damage or corrosion to say. I guesss there is extreme change from hot to cold all the time down there where it is located and eventually lead to failure. I really could not clean the unit and the relays in there are soldered to the board. One of them could of had bad contact or probably stuck.., but to replace it would of been a pain.
art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71